Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 27, 2012, 12:43 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Hover your curser over your wireless connection icon on the taskbar, right click and choose troubleshoot--see what happens.

What I might do is go to BestBuy and buy another one and see if the problem repeats itself. I say BestBuy because you can return it without a hassle, just keep your receipt and original packaging.

Last edited by The Quicken; March 8, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old February 27, 2012, 04:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yup i have tried walking through the troubleshooting in the hopes it would fix it automatically but no joy and i have gone through 2 routers with the same problems the first one would drop out even on the lans lol but what ever i almost have the coin i need for the second router
Old February 27, 2012, 09:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I know with my asus router I set up up so that only so many devices can connect , I was having a hell of a time trying to figure out why I could only connect 3 devices at one time. once I figured out that I turned off al wpa2 and encryption protection and just ran the router to make sure that all the devices could connect. went into the router device screen and copied all of the devices Mac address and used those device mac address's as the only devices alloud to connect to router. turned on the security wireless wpa2 and and firewall. I always have a time getting everything running on my router but that is what has always worked for me
Old February 27, 2012, 05:05 PM
Top Prospect

If you drop to a cmd prompt and type:

C:\> route print

What do you get?

Any chance you have proxy settings turned on in your web browser? If you go to a cmd prompt and type

C:\> nslookup Google

Does it resolve to something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
yup have done and teh 2 pc's that it still doesn't work on say there no gateway available strange cause i have fixed it all other pc's why these 2 still refuse to work i can't figure it out and it's driving me nuts lol
Old February 27, 2012, 05:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well here's what i get from the first one so i dont think so and the second does nothing but give me the ip address of my router

Last edited by gingerbee; March 5, 2012 at 05:32 AM.
Old February 27, 2012, 05:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i don't have any browsers set for a proxy server
Old February 29, 2012, 05:45 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
i don't have any browsers set for a proxy server
What happens when you run nslookup from a cmd prompt on a hostname like google? Does it return anything?
Old March 5, 2012, 05:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

nope not a thing lol thanks