Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2012, 08:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.
Old February 8, 2012, 12:08 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Avenger View Post
The cannon should be faster because ppm and ipm is the same unless doing something like duplex printing. Google ppm vs ipm and you'll get quite a few sites that explain it. Also I did mention before if you had drivers for the desktop or not. If you don't have the cd you can go to the manufacturer's website and download the drivers directly from there.
oh yeah you did say it. maybe i read too fast.

now i got my hands on the cd driver. follow the screen..... when searching for the printer in network..... it says cannot find. it says to press a button on the printer and the lcd should tell the address in the lcd and put that address on the box and click search.... still cant find.

is there something im missing? oh yeah it says plug in the usb from the printer to the desktop temperary but i did not cause the printer is on the other room. i assume is unesscessary. is it right? or this is why it dont work?

i also go through everything in the laptop and it allows everything.
Old February 8, 2012, 09:12 PM
Top Prospect

Create a port manually using the ip address of the printer..... Makes no difference if the printer is connected by wifi or via wire...
Old February 8, 2012, 09:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

or MAC address of printer

Check your printer manual. This is the easiest and fastest way to find the printer's MAC address.
Print out a configuration page. Sometimes the test page and the configuration page are the same. Print them from the printer front panel or from the computer. The front panel of the printer will likely have a configuration or tool button. Press it and scroll using the arrow keys to "Print Test Page," then select "OK". To print from the computer, navigate to the printer and right-click. Select "Properties" and choose "Print Test Page."

Last edited by KaptCrunch; February 8, 2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old February 9, 2012, 07:15 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I guess the OP never replied if the wireless printer is connected to the router (unless I missed it). My guess is that the printer is connected to the laptop wirelessly, somehow. So, my suggestion is to confirm it first:

1. log into the router by typing your router url into a blank web page in your desktop.
2. check if you find the printer is connected to the router, if not, do the same with your laptop.

My other question is if you are using windows (7, vista, xp), or are you using linux. If you are using linux, you need to connect desktop to printer manually via System-admin-printing and then click connect.

As for 5 ppm vs 4 ipm, I don't think there is a real world difference. This specification says printing the same page 5 times or 4 times in a minute. If you want to compare speed of printing different pages, you need to look at other benchmarks, or review websites for these printers.