Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 6, 2012, 01:44 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Ultimate Package with Rogers Highspeed

My Son is moving back home for a bit and he needed faster high speed for work so he signed me up for this Ultimate package with Rogers and all I can say is DAMN this is the way to go.I did a speed test as well.
Anyone else have this package.
Attached Images

Old February 6, 2012, 01:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You are getting way below what you should be, are you sure you're on Ultimate or that it has been applied yet? Looks more like Extreme or Extreme Plus.

Ultimate is actually 75mbps/2mbps now, most people will be bumped up from 50/2 to 75/2 shortly if they already haven't in the past 6 months.
Old February 6, 2012, 02:04 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCD View Post
You are getting way below what you should be, are you sure you're on Ultimate or that it has been applied yet? Looks more like Extreme or Extreme Plus.

Ultimate is actually 75mbps/2mbps now, most people will be bumped up from 50/2 to 75/2 shortly if they already haven't in the past 6 months.
I called my son and forwarded the results, I guess he"s going to call them? He was saying its suppose to be faster.This is off there site
Attached Images

Last edited by norfolk; February 6, 2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old February 6, 2012, 02:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yep, the 75mbps isn't completely official, but it has come out of official sources from Rogers now. Hopefully it's a simple fix!
Old February 6, 2012, 03:21 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCD View Post
Yep, the 75mbps isn't completely official, but it has come out of official sources from Rogers now. Hopefully it's a simple fix!
He called and they had us at the wrong package Thx JMCD
They also told him that at this time of day those speeds are respectible for any computer hardwired,Wireless will be a little less as well.
here"s the last test here:
Attached Images

Last edited by norfolk; February 6, 2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: added additional info
Old February 6, 2012, 05:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ouch, nice speeds but damn what a tiny cap for that kind of speed.

Old February 6, 2012, 05:31 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

They say "up to" for a reason, they COULD say "up to 1Pb/500Tb" if they wanted to, its a cop out to get your money.
Old February 6, 2012, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

99$ heh
Old February 6, 2012, 06:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

For $99 that is a rip off. I mean over here in the west if you want to stick with the cable people then you have Shaw offering their broadband 100 and 250 packages. You are looking at up to 100Mbps down and 5Mbps up with 750GB cap for $95 or up to 250Mbps down and 15Mbps up with 1TB cap for $115.

I am in no way saying go with them but just stating their prices. Oh and yes they have both of those plans with no caps for a little more, $135/month. While I still think the prices are too high at least the speeds are what we should be getting. Hard to believe that my parents pay damn near that and only get 1.5Mbps if I recall.

Old February 6, 2012, 06:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I still dont understand why Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, and the other major canadian city centers of ~1 mill dont have Fiber in to homes.

The US has for years, and EU even longer.

CRTC monopoly Old boys club screwing Canadians since 1976.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about