Hosting a website with easy php 1.8
Im working with a group of bud to build a website for an organisation which we are member,
since we want to officialy "publish" this website in about 3 month, i've decide to host that website on my "web_server" box
i've install easy-php1.8, change the config file to my dir and path ...
the localweb is working properly but i cant see it from another rig on my network and neither from internet.
im using a linksys router, and comodo firewall,
any hit/tips how to setup this?!?!?
i have buy a domain name, im now fighting with them so they can redirect my domian name to my server ip.
if anyone have already done this be4, plz give me a hint or two ;)
With my linksys router I had to have any http (port 80) requests forwarded to my computer's LAN IP address, otherwise the "outside" world could not see my site, even though I could see it "inside" my network.
i did it, and i cant even see it from the "inside"
some tutorial told to change the default port 80 of easy-php to something lik 8080 which i try and even with that i cant even see the website from the inside, with firewall disable or enable.
are you running more than one site from Apache?
are you putting the IP address into your browser or trying to use the domain name?
are you restarting Apache after changes to the config file?
do i need to change the default port 80 in the apache config??
why does apache server show me the good website if i press F7 (localwbe) but wont if im using another computer of the lan?
why does i get the linksys login page if i type my ISP IP in the web browser?
Some internet service providers might block incoming http requests to prevent residential clients from hosting sites. Also, I think residential connections often have dynamic IPs, which isn't that great for hosting. At least those are the problems I ran into a while ago.good luck
jhas for HTTP i dont know i will find this out
ooopps - forgot about this thread - sorry
- you must restart after any/all changes to Apache config file to have them go into effect.
- use IP to avoid DNS issues. I use Zoneedit for free DNS services and loosely monitor my IP for changes (which my ISP avoids doing so they can more easily track useage)
- if you can't see the site by putting the IP into your browser I would look at the router configuration (it's not directing you to the web hosting machine)
- putting your IP into your browser directs you to the router ... where it stops because it is the device with that IP address and the router isn't configured to point to an internal LAN device. (interesting - does it pop up the usename/password dialog box? If it does - put in a complex password in the routers configuration options to be safe!!)
- you will have to change the http porting only IF your ISP is blocking 80 and 8080.
Open Port Check Tool
- you will need a static IP on the web hosting PC
- for port forwarding in the Linksys look here: PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall
port was correctly fowarded in the router
port 80 is open and working
my g/f (which is techcian) found the trouble, i forgot to change the LISTEN 127.0.0.1 from the apache config file to LISTEN 192.168.1.XXX
the apache server was only listening is local host and not what the router was redirecting him
its now working and you can see it at www.oiqat.qc.ca.
for now its only a beta site or a fixed image t hat show the concept and the last news/ furture activité of the community.
we should have a complete working website in 2-3 month.
Hey Bush can you explain me . i have adns service with my domaine name, shoul di change it for zoneedit or i should use the one i have with my domaine name
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:20 PM.|