Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 4, 2012, 04:46 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Heh...seems Rogers website is experiencing difficulties.....
Fold for team #54196
Old January 8, 2012, 12:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I received a notice from teksavvy the other day about their price increases. Looks like I'll be paying an extra $4/month. My new rate will be right around $45/month taxes included for my cable express plan. I think that is still a very fair price for the service I'm getting. They have the new pricing on their website.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)

Last edited by mo' power; January 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old January 8, 2012, 12:09 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

All I want is for caps to go away period. With rogers they give me extra speed depending on network congestion. I pay for 50/1 and in the middle of the night I get 90/1 and during peak hours I get 72/1 because there is no congestion. I just want to be able to access the service I pay for, during the month I pay for it without additional fees. As it currently stands if I want to get a large archive of stuff from usenet I can use my bandwidth cap up in 12 hours of the 720 hour month I pay for.

I thought I'm paying for a monthly service not a block of data.
Old January 8, 2012, 02:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Many Roger's customers on Ultimate (50/2) are getting (75/2) or even up to 105/10.5, testing new speeds.

Videotron is even worse than Rogers, their top tier of 120mbps can eat through its cap in a few hours. Caps are stupid and do nothing to alleviate congestion really. All that matters with the internet is peak usage during prime time.
Old January 8, 2012, 03:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

looks like i'll be payin 46$ a month instead of 62$ starting next month
and i get 300gb cap

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old January 8, 2012, 04:55 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Since the update about DSL 10 in Quebec, I think we might end up with DSL16 / 300GB here. Just need a couple setting in my P2P software and it will be no problem...

Waiting for the new cable prices tho...just that I'd like not to change my router and/or modem.
Old January 8, 2012, 05:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
Since the update about DSL 10 in Quebec, I think we might end up with DSL16 / 300GB here. Just need a couple setting in my P2P software and it will be no problem...

Waiting for the new cable prices tho...just that I'd like not to change my router and/or modem.
Check out electronic box's cable prices, I imagine Teksavvy will be pretty close to theirs.
Old January 9, 2012, 05:14 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCD View Post
Check out electronic box's cable prices, I imagine Teksavvy will be pretty close to theirs.
I think ebox's prices for cable arent that good, plus I get a lower cap, and no ''off-peak'' unlimited for cable. I don't need cable 30 really, I just want something a tad faster than DSL5 or 6, priced within reason with high to no cap at all (I'm not the one paying but I don't want my parents to pay too much for the internet I use, I pay for things such as activation fees, plus I paid for both modem and router and something like half the ethernet plugs and CAT5 cable used in the house...)

DSL16 with 300GB/month and unlimited off-peak usage for $45.99 seems fair to me, I know Teksavvy would have these rates dropped down if Bell wasnt asking so much for access to it's network. Plus I like Teksavvy...they use friggin Laraque for their publicity, I have his jersey (But seriously, I got awesome service everytime I had to call them )
Old January 9, 2012, 06:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
I think ebox's prices for cable arent that good, plus I get a lower cap, and no ''off-peak'' unlimited for cable. I don't need cable 30 really, I just want something a tad faster than DSL5 or 6, priced within reason with high to no cap at all (I'm not the one paying but I don't want my parents to pay too much for the internet I use, I pay for things such as activation fees, plus I paid for both modem and router and something like half the ethernet plugs and CAT5 cable used in the house...)

DSL16 with 300GB/month and unlimited off-peak usage for $45.99 seems fair to me, I know Teksavvy would have these rates dropped down if Bell wasnt asking so much for access to it's network. Plus I like Teksavvy...they use friggin Laraque for their publicity, I have his jersey (But seriously, I got awesome service everytime I had to call them )

teksavvy cable is better deal and service

on 8m i get 11m so on 12m i be gettin 13-15m

not worth the expense of a new box+instalation to switch

but i been lovin the no throtling
and the dsl not as stable as cable
hate gettin cut off for 1ms

new prices
TekSavvy Pricing Notice

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v