Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 25, 2011, 06:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default SMCD3GN Default Login Issues

Was having issues with my SMCD3GN overheating and disconnecting so I tried restoring it to factory defaults and now I can't get into the high level admin settings.

cusadmin/password - works but I only get the low level settings so I can't disable router/dhcp functions and whatnot

rogcesadmin/wra8uje - worked before I reset to factory defaults, but it's not working anymore

mso/msopassword - not working as well

Anybody know the factory default admin login for this unit?
Old October 25, 2011, 06:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

look here manual

reset again with rogers cable off then power off, then power back up with cable connected
Old October 25, 2011, 07:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
look here manual

reset again with rogers cable off then power off, then power back up with cable connected
Already tried - the low level customer admin is working fine, the high level administrative logins aren't working.
Old October 25, 2011, 08:40 AM
Trial Member

My SMC modem is also no longer accepting that password for rogcesadmin user. Anyone?
Old October 25, 2011, 05:47 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Contact ISP and request they re-flash it. They will also be able to check it for errors, they may replace it.
Old October 28, 2011, 07:42 PM
Rookie

I am having the same issue.

I did a factory reset on my SMCD3GN modem today, and when I try to login with the "rogcesadmin" login with the password "wra8uje" or the mso and msopassword login, neither work.

Only the low-level cusadmin login works.

I cannot do any of the high level maintenance that the rogcesadmin can do - does anybody know the new password or any way to re-flash a previous modem firmware?

Thanks for any help...
Old October 28, 2011, 07:48 PM
F@H

My System Specs

If you're looking to have the DHCP/Router functions disabled in order to use your own third party router, you should be able to get the rogers tech support to turn DHCP off for you from their end.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old October 28, 2011, 08:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
If you're looking to have the DHCP/Router functions disabled in order to use your own third party router, you should be able to get the rogers tech support to turn DHCP off for you from their end.
It seems to me that Rogers is trying to lock out their customers from router settings. My issue is that they usually use standardized logins which make it too easy for any script kiddie to hack and I won't have the option to change the password like this.
Old October 28, 2011, 08:44 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
That's not the only thing I'd like to do.

The Rogers admin access (rogcesadmin) has access to all router settings, which I should have access to since I own the modem, but I don't. They will not turn off the additional (2nd) hidden SSID that is being broadcasted. They will not block external access (ie: from them).

There is a whole slew of options that are disabled at the user level that they won't enable. I liked having complete control before.

Hopefully we'll see somebody from Rogers give us a hand sometime soon. It's very frustrating not being able to access your own router settings.

Anybody have any way of dumping the modem firmware bundle/reading it with an app on a computer? Someone has got to be able to get into the files and find login information...
Old October 29, 2011, 07:22 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahal10 View Post
That's not the only thing I'd like to do.

The Rogers admin access (rogcesadmin) has access to all router settings, which I should have access to since I own the modem, but I don't. They will not turn off the additional (2nd) hidden SSID that is being broadcasted. They will not block external access (ie: from them).

There is a whole slew of options that are disabled at the user level that they won't enable. I liked having complete control before.

Hopefully we'll see somebody from Rogers give us a hand sometime soon. It's very frustrating not being able to access your own router settings.

Anybody have any way of dumping the modem firmware bundle/reading it with an app on a computer? Someone has got to be able to get into the files and find login information...
I'm confused, have you already contacted your ISP Tech support?