Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 7, 2011, 02:17 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Looks like it was back up this am. 4 days total. Can't say I'm impressed. I'm going to call and ask for a credit for my next bill. If this happens again I'm changing providers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
Please tell us how it goes. I've been considering switching but after this..
I called tech support today and got a credit for 4 days. At first they did not want to do it, since I did not open a ticket. However, I gave them the name and time I spoke to a tech, who suggested to me that an open ticket would do nothing for me (he said they would send out a tech to my house, which was pointless since the issue was at the POI, I agreed and did not create a ticket). I did not have to scream to get the refund, but a supervisor had to hear my case.

Moral of the story is that if you call teksavvy and they say the entire neighbourhood is down, create a ticket even if it seems pointless as it is needed for a refund.
Fold for team #54196
Old September 7, 2011, 02:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

In my opinion they should have given you a lot more then 4 days... more like 4 weeks. Or you should have asked them to pay your tethering bill.
Old September 7, 2011, 03:10 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I thought about asking for more, but I did not get extra charges tethering. I'll just find another provider (but not Rogers) if it keeps happening. Sucks, as I just invested in a 3.0 docsis modem.
Fold for team #54196
Old March 29, 2012, 06:56 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
I called tech support today and got a credit for 4 days. At first they did not want to do it, since I did not open a ticket. However, I gave them the name and time I spoke to a tech, who suggested to me that an open ticket would do nothing for me (he said they would send out a tech to my house, which was pointless since the issue was at the POI, I agreed and did not create a ticket). I did not have to scream to get the refund, but a supervisor had to hear my case.

Moral of the story is that if you call teksavvy and they say the entire neighbourhood is down, create a ticket even if it seems pointless as it is needed for a refund.

I'm down again, as is the entire area (Ajax, Whitby, parts of Pickering and Scarborough).

Getting a ticket created. Better to have them send a tech out here, even though it is pointless as the service is down everywhere.
Fold for team #54196
Old April 3, 2012, 12:12 PM
Rookie

im in mississauga in i've been with teksavvy for almost a year now and i still love their cheap price... $53 (including tax) for 300gb bandwidth and 25Mbits...

there was only 1 time where i had no internet for TWO weeks. I went **** crazy... called them countless time and they said there working on a fix.

I guess its normal for them too take forever to fix the issue. In the end , its bang for the buck ISP.