Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 30, 2008, 06:07 PM
Top Prospect

Default Have to reset LAN Adaptor always-Help

I am having to reset my LAN adaptor (Realteck RTL8168) everytime my computer wakes or is restarted from sleep or hibernation. I am not sure why this is happening. I have a Netgear Wireless Router WPN824 connected to a DSL modem. Disablying Zone Alarm does not help. Any ideas please? Motherboard is GA-P35C-DS3R and I have tried both Vista and XP no difference.
Thanks.
Old January 31, 2008, 04:30 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

When Windows goes into a Sleep state, it shuts down hardware - and once awaken, "forgets" to bring those back online.

I believe that in Device Manager, under the LAN Adaptor Properties there is an option to change the adaptor to being available under all Windows states. I "think" that's where it is.
Old May 25, 2008, 08:03 AM
Rookie

you can make a small script to disable and re-enable the desktop its not the best but its faster than manually doing it

open a notepad and type ipconfig /release then the second line ipconfig /renew and save it as .bat insted of .txt

then run it when your pc comes out of sleep.

as i said again its not the best soultion but its the other option :p