Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 13, 2011, 04:10 PM
Banned

I have Teksavvy on DSL for a little bit than a month, I pay for 5 mb/s and I reach only 2.5 mb/s , on my second line I have Sympatico, I pay for 7 mb/s and I reach 6 mb/s , the 2 lines are on the samehouse . I have the Bell one since 5 years, I install the Teksavvy because I need a fix IP, I was supposed to drop Bell after, unfortunately I will have to keep Bell and Teksavvy, as 2,5 is way too slow, You can’t hate more Bell than me, but in my place it’s the only option for performance.
Old June 22, 2011, 07:52 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARSTG View Post
how about Acanac? i had only one outage in 12 months with them
they are only available in Onterio and quebec, right?
Old June 28, 2011, 04:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yes indeed. although with colbanet now I seriously consider to move back to acanac.
Old September 5, 2011, 06:58 PM
Rookie

Teksavvy +1 , have switched to them from Bell. I have been using Rogers before that. Both Bell and Rogers like to tell their customers what they can and cannot do with their internet connection and basically act as a parent. Teksavvy on the other hand actually lets its customers know about planned outages and sometimes even says what they are planning to do in those outages. I have used them for business and for personal use and cannot complain too much. I have had problem with teksavvy where my router was not configured properly but that was my mistake.
Old September 5, 2011, 07:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I can't say that I'd recommend teksavvy right now. Head over to dslreports and look at the swath of problems from poor installs, 2-3 hour wait times and outages. Roger's and Bell are to blame, but that means I would advise against teksavvy right now. They need to get these issues worked out.
Old September 5, 2011, 07:07 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCD View Post
I can't say that I'd recommend teksavvy right now. Head over to dslreports and look at the swath of problems from poor installs, 2-3 hour wait times and outages. Roger's and Bell are to blame, but that means I would advise against teksavvy right now. They need to get these issues worked out.
I just waited over 4 days to get my Teksavvy connection fixed. Most of the Teksavvy customers were affected by the outage, while Teksavvy tried to get Rogers' attention.
Fold for team #54196