Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 20, 2011, 12:39 PM
Top Prospect

Default Connection Problems

So I was trying to connect to a Game Server last night that my friend was hosting, I could not connect, so we tryed another game; same result and another game; same result. So whats up here any game my friend hosts I cannot connect to, but other people can, werid eh? I can connect to my other friends servers no problem but not his.
600W PSU OCZ
GIGABYTE MOBO
Old April 20, 2011, 04:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Can you ping that server? (e.g. ping command through command prompt for IP address)

I assume this is also over the Internet? I'd check the port forwarding and firewall on both your router and your friends' computers as well. Make sure there's no IP address based rules on either the firewall or router.
Old April 20, 2011, 05:14 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier204 View Post
Can you ping that server? (e.g. ping command through command prompt for IP address)

I assume this is also over the Internet? I'd check the port forwarding and firewall on both your router and your friends' computers as well. Make sure there's no IP address based rules on either the firewall or router.
The games we are playing, we can't really ping. Its as simple as he hosts the game, i cannot join it. Yes its over the internet. I have port forwarded some i.p's but not his.
600W PSU OCZ
GIGABYTE MOBO