Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 26, 2011, 01:13 AM
Rookie

Default Telus dlink optiktv modem problem

I'm having a couple of problems with my wireless connection between the dlink modem for optiktv and my itouch and android phone. first one is late at night usually 10pm ish til about 3am ish i have a horrible time connecting to my secured wireless connection. It may connect for a bit but then keep on dropping and trying to reconnect constantly all night. Any ideas what maybe causing this?

The other problem i have is with my itouch and trying to use several remote apps with it. I'm able to surf the net no problem with the itouch but once it comes to remote use like Apple Remote app i get no connection to the computer at all, I have set up the app and computer to the proper setting and checked the firewall and made sure the correct port are availible and all, but no such luck to connecting. This is the same story with several different remote apps i have, like the WDTV remote.

I was told this maybe a problem with my telus modem and remote accessing things with it. Any ideas on this?

I am still fairly green at networking, so any help would be appreciated.

thanks
steve
Old March 27, 2011, 01:08 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I'm not sure about your specific time frame that it seems to happen but here are 2 things I've personally come across;

1) Router is malfunctioning & as a result is having issues with DHCP. (Router having problems negotiating multiple Dynamic IP's--Try rebooting, Run, Command Prompt, Ipconfig/Renew + Enter for PC not connecting)

2) If you have iTunes installed on a PC, iTunes uses a service/program called 'Bonjour' that will sometimes 'fight' with your Wireless signal, result will be limited/no connectivity due to Default Gateway not being available.
Solution--go to Sevices and locate Bonjour, set from Automatic Start to Delayed Start.

Your problem sounds like a Router DHCP issue.
Old March 27, 2011, 07:09 AM
Hall Of Fame

is it one unit (router) or using 2 units modem/router and wifi
Old March 27, 2011, 03:05 PM
Rookie

How is your wireless connection secured like which security protocol are you using?
Old March 28, 2011, 10:31 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
is it one unit (router) or using 2 units modem/router and wifi
this is the dlink model with both modem/router with wifi in one unit