Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 5, 2011, 10:57 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlusconi View Post
I have a few NICs laying around, but they're much older and I'm afraid of the performance loss. I DO have a few 100Mb/s Intel NICs that I could try.

I'm dreading the removal of my sound card, but I'll give it a shot this afternoon and report back.
Using a Intel nic should give you an immediate noticeable difference.
Old February 5, 2011, 11:13 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Using a Intel nic should give you an immediate noticeable difference.
Even a 6-year old 100Mb/s NIC?
Old February 5, 2011, 11:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlusconi View Post
Even a 6-year old 100Mb/s NIC?
Absolutely. Dedicated NICs are always better than onboard and especially those of Intel.
Old February 5, 2011, 12:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok then is your windows or pc's firewall or antivirus programs blocking those IPs or ports? I can remember when I installed a program called peerguardian which is a great program for blocking certain ip address's but the one problem was that my only gaming would sometimes crach so I had to turn off peergaurdian when ever I gamed. some software firewalls as well as security programs block certain ip address's. which are sometimes false positives.

Also what I mean 't was if you go into your routers settings there is ( on some routers) a place in there which allows you to ping ,trace route and other such things to ip address's.