Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 6, 2011, 12:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
I use tversity for everything, works fine for me.
I find Tversity is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO slow compared to PS3 Media Server.

With PS3 Media Server I can pretty much extract a movie to the .iso file and within seconds I can be playing it.
Old April 6, 2011, 04:15 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
I've got ps3 media server working and I love it. I have one stupid question though. Do you guys leave it on all the time or just launch the the app when you go to watch a movie or something?
I made it a startup program to simplify things for my wife; this way she just has to turn the computer on and she can watch whatever she wants on the PS3.
Old April 6, 2011, 07:07 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Anyone find that PS3mediaserver just shuts itself down sometimes? I leave it running 24/7 (the machine runs 24/7), and sometimes I will go to watch a recording and its just not running anymore.

Thought something was funky on install, but the same thing seems to happen after I did a reformat.
Fold for team #54196
Old April 6, 2011, 07:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Anyone find that PS3mediaserver just shuts itself down sometimes? I leave it running 24/7 (the machine runs 24/7), and sometimes I will go to watch a recording and its just not running anymore.

Thought something was funky on install, but the same thing seems to happen after I did a reformat.
I randomly had this issue too and could never figure out why.

It seemed to mostly do it with certain codecs more than anything.
Old April 7, 2011, 09:08 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Cool thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll just leave it off until I want to use it.

So far from my experience, ps3 media server is the best one I've tried. Twonky, TVersity and Win Media all had some kind of issues that frustrated me. Either it had to do with formats or it was slow. I can see everything on my comp with this one and play pretty much anything sans digital copies I have to use with iTunes (cause that's the format I chose at the time). Not sure if there's a way around that yet, haven't really checked.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old April 7, 2011, 09:20 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Slow it what way? I use tversity because I run a PS3 in one room and WDTV in another and I want both to run from the same server. Havent had 1 issue with tversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
I find Tversity is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO slow compared to PS3 Media Server.

With PS3 Media Server I can pretty much extract a movie to the .iso file and within seconds I can be playing it.