Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 21, 2010, 02:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

hell how do you think i felt i had to ask to use my moms account ( all others where in the wifes name so there closed and i haven't open another 1 yet) 32 and suddenly i am the guy who lives with his mom oh wait she lives with me damn if i could only get her to pay for things again like when i was a kid and lived with her dont worry my mom said the same thing
Old August 10, 2011, 01:20 PM
Trial Member

i've just signed up for my 4th year with Acanac. Their service is good and support is actually OK. I've had a few issues with them (which were not their fault) and they sorted out the problem pretty fast. On both occasions, it involved having a Bell engineer check stuff out so I did have to take a day off work...but I guess that would have been the case regardless of the ISP.

Within the 3 years I've been with them, I've also moved apartment. The transition was really simple - basically plug my modem into the new place, give them a call and I was ready to go. My internet speed did slow in my new place but I was told it was more to do with the connection within my apartment. I've checked with my neighbours and they have relatively the same speeds and they are with other providers.

Every so often, I look around for other ISP's to make sure I'm not missing a better deal ( I do this for my cell too) but so far nothing has made me want to move.

Last edited by floyd_pepper; August 11, 2011 at 06:33 AM.
Old August 11, 2011, 10:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Teksavvy is where it's at! I also agree with JD that Teksavvy has been figting the good fight for internet freedom. I'm more than happy to pay them their $41.75/month for 300GB. No issues here.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old January 23, 2012, 05:58 PM
Trial Member

Default setup fee?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo' power View Post
Teksavvy is where it's at! I also agree with JD that Teksavvy has been figting the good fight for internet freedom. I'm more than happy to pay them their $41.75/month for 300GB. No issues here.

why would smbdy switch to pay sky rocket "setup fee" 100 bucks!?
Old November 21, 2012, 05:57 PM
Trial Member

DON'T ever consider to subscribe for Acanac. This company is doing business in a very dishonest practice. I ordered a Motorola modem from Acanac on Aug. They sent me a Huawei modem. I refused to accept Huawei product and ask for refund. At the end, I have to write endless emails to trace for 2 months before they take action to respond. Every time they say they will refund and ask me to wait but they never take action to pay me back.

On top of that, they refuse to refund me in full and hold me responsibility for postage charges and tax fee. Can you believe that? I ordered a Motorola modem and they shipped a Huawei product and I have to pay for postage charges and tax fee for a product I never ordered.

Also their customer services department and billing department are just too lousy to be true. They just send you ticket number and never take action to follow up your complaint.

If you don't want to be cheated by a dishonest company which have bad business practice, stay away from Acanac.
Old July 25, 2013, 01:22 PM
Trial Member

Default Teksavvy nightmare !!

We just moved into a new house, new to us, and wanted to get rid of Bell and stay clear of Rogers so we signed up for both Teksavvy internet and TekTalk. This is were the fun started. The internet and phone modem arrived early and the "dry line" was installed and supposedly tested by our wonderful Bell techies. Went I plugged the internet modem and then the TekTalk modem surprise, surprise it didn't work. So no telephone to phone their help desk we had to use our cell phone and with that we pay for the minutes ahead of time, don't use it alot so why pay for a lot. Anyway first call on the cell and with many topping up of the cell phone minutes, first Teksavvy blamed Bell and then Bell blame Teksavvy. Anyway many tries later Teksavvy finally figured out it was the internet modem not connecting to their server. New modem arrived and after many attempts to get through the help desk we finally got it working. Their service was a nightmare, not only could you not get through to the help desk the few times that I did I was cut off after waiting many minutes on my cell phone, once I waited 45 minutes in cue for the help desk only to run out of cell phone time. The only way I could get to the help desk was to call Teksavvy and select sales then when I got someone in sales I leaned on them to forward me to the help desk and hell will descend upon you if you dare put me into the cue. The only time I really got service is when I asked the people in customer service to issue me a RMA to send the equipment back to them.
Now that it is working I sorta like their internet, we had wireless internet out in the country which was comparatively slow, I'm not really a fan of TekTalk because my Cisco ES2000 router will not work with any configuration of their internet modem or their TekTalk modem. Rumor has it Teksavvy has a list of routers that will work with their system but so far it can't be found.
Costs so far $250 for installation and equipment
Costs so far $250 for cell phone usage, total $500, payback in savings over other systems and configurations probably about 6 months.
I think one of their major problems is handling the exponential growth as more people are switching over from the major carriers to any reasonable competition. I've been in business for over 40 years and if I've learned one thing is " look after your customers 'cuz if you don't someone else will.
Would I recommend Teksavvy, not until they get their act together and offer decent customer service

PS .. of course their has to be PS, the second modem they sent me, I had to pay for shipping the first one back to them with the threat that if it wasn't received within 2 weeks they were going to bill me for it.
Old July 25, 2013, 02:42 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Yourself and many others face the same complaints with TekSavvy in that their hold times are far too long and their system frequently drops you from the queue. Also everyone I know of that has had TekSavvy setup recently has had issues getting it installed too. It never works the first time, and the delay between a tech from Rogers/Bell coming out is pretty long.

Apparently they are still in the midst of a hiring/training blitz and about 2/3 complete. They claim things will improve once they're fully staffed and everyone is up to speed with their training.
Old July 25, 2013, 04:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Yourself and many others face the same complaints with TekSavvy in that their hold times are far too long and their system frequently drops you from the queue. Also everyone I know of that has had TekSavvy setup recently has had issues getting it installed too. It never works the first time, and the delay between a tech from Rogers/Bell coming out is pretty long.

Apparently they are still in the midst of a hiring/training blitz and about 2/3 complete. They claim things will improve once they're fully staffed and everyone is up to speed with their training.
They always say that. Been saying that for like the past half a year or whole year.
Old July 25, 2013, 06:06 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
They always say that. Been saying that for like the past half a year or whole year.
Oh I know, not trying to defend them as I'm actually looking at switching to Start. Merely stating what they say
Old July 25, 2013, 08:05 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm well I haven't ordered a hook up with Teksavvy so I may have to start looking wider or elsewhere too.