Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 2, 2010, 10:30 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Wow I haven't heard of Acanac, I wonder how that connection would be for torrenting. Im with teksavvy, and they have been great. Excellent support. cheap static IP and MLPPP. In the future I might order 1 month from Acanac and test out bonding the 2 ISP connections through my router, to see if it works.
Old November 3, 2010, 07:55 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

You should really check out velcom. i'm using that right now. 5mbps unlimited you have to supply your own dsl modem (they sell them if you want to buy from them) but i have dry dsl and its $34 and change a month after tax.. i haven't had a major problem yet.. i think the worst was 5hrs it was down a year or two ago and thats it. i think i remember people saying that the tech support wasn't the greatest but if you know how to set up a dsl modem you'll be fine. check it out.. like i said no real probs and its unlimited and cheap!
Old November 3, 2010, 07:57 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

hmmm i just checked out the velcom website and it looks like the prices went up 38.95 for unlimited and 31.95 for 200gb/month
Old November 3, 2010, 08:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you're going to switch ISPs, I think you should stay away from DSL cus of the UBB.

And dunno if anyone saw, but here's some useful info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flafson
Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla
Ok anyways. For the 15/1 cable service, I understand we have to pay upfront for a whole year and everything. What if I wanted to leave a couple months after because I wasn't satisfied with the service, such as slow speeds, poor service/customer support? Are there any contract breaking fees? I imagine there are....
No fees to leave, but if you've already paid for the full year, you don't get a refund. You have 30 days to test it out though.
Ouch. Meaning once I sign that contract, I'm here to stay, whether I get good or bad service from Acanac. No I'm not saying they're bad. I just tend to be a bit pessimistic...
That's a little bit inaccurate.
There are no contracts with Acanac, it's a term plan, meaning they have charts of prices based on how long you stayed with them. If you pay for 12 months and after 6 you want to quit, they will look at how much they would normally charge for 6 months and credit you the difference.
Old November 3, 2010, 01:22 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Um unless this happened a while back... GRATS ON BEING MOD!
Thanks! I've been one for about a month or so now, it was kept pretty low-key though.

Anyways, I'm not sure how Acanac is doing things...are they partnered with TekSavvy? Or do they have their own agreements with Rogers/Bell? I know TekSavvy has been fighting alot to get things sorted with Rogers. I'm just surprised an even smaller company was able to get in with Rogers.
Old November 3, 2010, 02:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Thanks! I've been one for about a month or so now, it was kept pretty low-key though.

Anyways, I'm not sure how Acanac is doing things...are they partnered with TekSavvy? Or do they have their own agreements with Rogers/Bell? I know TekSavvy has been fighting alot to get things sorted with Rogers. I'm just surprised an even smaller company was able to get in with Rogers.
Rumor has it that they're reselling Distribute/3web. However they're denying this and more information will come in a few weeks. So even if I cancel my Rogers services today, I still got 3 weeks to choose whether to go with Teksavvy or Acanac.
Old November 3, 2010, 03:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Rumor has it that they're reselling Distribute/3web. However they're denying this and more information will come in a few weeks. So even if I cancel my Rogers services today, I still got 3 weeks to choose whether to go with Teksavvy or Acanac.
Ahhh forgot about 3web, thought they went belly up.

That makes sense then. So they're basically the 3rd-level then. I imagine support will be really rough with them if there's any network issues, but who knows.
Old November 21, 2010, 10:33 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Either, so long as ur money doesnt go to rogers or bell...

I'm with techsavvy, great ISP.
Old November 21, 2010, 10:41 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

teksavvy rocks. love every bit so far
Old November 21, 2010, 02:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Still haven't cancelled Rogers yet yet... Mom's scared that Teksavvy is gonna take our banking information and spy on us when we surf the Internet cus they're not big like Rogers and Bell =.=