So I work at a small hotel near the beach, and the routers we have are aged. We've been looking to buy a new router for the past few weeks. The Hotel is only one level, and the wireless needs to cover about 200 feet. My main questions are:
1) Is there a router that can cover the 200 feet without purchasing additional routers/signal reflectors or anything of the sort? The owners are kind of aged, so one router would be best. I'm not sure if I have the knowledge needed to install several access points.
2) The owners want the router to be store bought so if it doesn't work like they want it to, it can be returned. So hopefully something that can be bought in a chain store.
3) A router with easy installation/maintenance would be ideal as well.
Thanks for taking the time to read/answer the questions. Any feedback would be appreciated.
I would be looking at the EnGenius lineup. Maybe NCIX can order them for you.
Engenius Tech, Inc.
1) The only answer to your question is a site survey. 200 feet in YOUR environment is not the same 200 feet in MY environment.
2) If you buy something cheap from a big box store, expect to return it again, and again and again =P. Just get something good, and not return is ever?
3) All routers are easy, the physical design of your network will tell you if it's easy or not.
I too recommend Eugenius products.
If it's a 1 level hotel, do all the units face one side? If so, you could probably get excellent coverage penetrating ALL of the rooms if you place the access point outside (only one wall/window/door to pass through). Eugenius makes out-door rated access points that you could power over ethernet.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:49 AM.|