Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 5, 2010, 07:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Bridge/Team network connections

Hey, so right now for the next little while I have two different DSL lines coming into my place. I would like to be able to plug them both into my machine and be able to increase my total overall speed.

I'm not really sure if this can be done or not. I know that if I bridged the connections in windows it just gave me the speed of the lower speed connection. I do know that the mobo does support teaming but I am not sure how to go about this.

Anyone have any experience with this or words of advice? I would just like to be able to enjoy speeds of almost 40Mbit if I can do that.

Old September 5, 2010, 09:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Not really possible. The most you can do is load balance on them I'd say. And who knows how well that'll work in Windows/onboard LANs.

You could, in theory, do MLPPP on a Tomato-based router, but I'm guessing the ISP doesn't allow that since the only one that does (TekSavvy) doesn't offer 20Mbit connections.
Old September 13, 2010, 03:47 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Bridge = new term for Internet Connection Sharing
Teaming = logical network fail over connection on a LAN

what you need is Dual WAN router, and yes it could be ISP limited like jdrom17 is saying.