Any DSL modem should work fine.
Old August 14, 2010, 11:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Well my TekSavvy Extreme Pro Cable Internet was activated today

10Mbps down, 1Mbps up. Pretty much spot on too, unlike DSL that has a fair bit of overhead. Also has Powerboost, which is why the SpeedTest results are rather skewed. Only get 25-30Mbps for the first few seconds.

And at $54.95/month for unlimited bandwidth, you can't really go wrong!
My modem should be in on Monday or Tuesday and my "appointment" with rogers is supposed to be on the 14th, 15th or the 16th of this month. What does rogers do exactly? I know that Teksavvy sends your modem's mac address to rogers but what else does this "appointment" entail? Rogers didn't show yesterday so I hope they show today. Do you have to have your modem on hand when they show? Do they install something when they show up?

I remember when I bought my rogers high speed starter kit from one of their stores. They told me to hook up the modem and I was good to go. Is it a similar setup with Teksavvy?

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old August 15, 2010, 07:40 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Depends on what your technician feels like doing...

I already had my modem all cabled up and plugged in. He just came and saw that, then went to his truck and left. I presume if you don't have your modem hooked up yet, he'll cable it for you. In his truck, on his laptop, he just closes the work-order and it becomes active in 20 minutes or so. If it's still showing the Rogers loading screen, just reset the modem and you should be good to go.

Some technicians also check signal strength, and put a tag on your outside line saying there's Internet on it. I didn't get any of this though.

Have you contacted TekSavvy recently? If not, post a message on Direct Forum at DSLReports, or give them a call. It's very possible Rogers has pushed back the date even more.
Old October 25, 2010, 09:10 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Any updates on Teksavvy cable rolling out to other areas?

I am in the Ajax/Pickering area, and my modem is owned, and is on the approved list at the site!
Fold for team #54196
Old October 25, 2010, 09:12 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post

I am in the Ajax/Pickering area, and my modem is owned, and is on the approved list at the site!
Is that Rogers territory? Last I heard they only had a deal with Rogers, Cogeco/Shaw didn't want to do it.
Old October 25, 2010, 11:25 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Is that Rogers territory? Last I heard they only had a deal with Rogers, Cogeco/Shaw didn't want to do it.

Yes it is. I am with Rogers, and am looking to get that 200GB limit (Im pushing the limits on my 60GB cap now, so the 200GB will be enough, and its $4 cheaper!)

I saw on a thread elsewhere (that a Teksavvy tech posted in) that they were moving out this way in Sept/Oct timeframe.
Fold for team #54196
Old October 25, 2010, 03:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

just waiting for them to get cable in orillia killing me ahhhhh
Old October 25, 2010, 04:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post

I spoke with them last week and was told it is being worked on now and originally was scheduled for end of Oct. but she said more likely will be end of Nov. or Dec. Can't come soon enough afaic, just itchin' to dump rogers and their 60GB limit and throttling!

Old October 25, 2010, 04:30 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzn4evr View Post
I spoke with them last week and was told it is being worked on now and originally was scheduled for end of Oct. but she said more likely will be end of Nov. or Dec. Can't come soon enough afaic, just itchin' to dump rogers and their 60GB limit and throttling!
I hear ya. Fire off a PM when you know, and I'll do the same.
Fold for team #54196
Old November 18, 2010, 06:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well i couldn't wait so i went with there dsl but i can tell you as soon as cable unlimited is here i am switching because bell's throttling is wicked bad . there are ways around it with out mlppp using utorrent but what a pain in the ass so they said sometime in dec. but she also said that rogers is not helping them at all in fact they said there making it as hard as possible but i want my cable speeds back again.

EDIT not to mention that i can't even stream a damn utube vid are you kidding me

Last edited by gingerbee; November 18, 2010 at 06:22 PM.