Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 4, 2010, 08:07 PM
Rookie

Exclamation Own Online Store

Ok, my mom wants to make her own online store, to sell some of her products.
I am looking for good Canadian or US based online store platform. It does not have to be free, but not too expensive. I had one or two, when I was looking for it about a month ago, unfortunatelly I lost the adresses :/
Anyone can help?
PS:
No I don't want to HTML it on my own, store must be easy to use so mom can do stuff without my help.
Old May 4, 2010, 09:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I think most hosting providers have some "programs" you can install onto the web server which provide you with e-commerce capabilities. You could also go with like Yahoo! Merchant Solutions or something similar.
Old May 4, 2010, 09:28 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

can't you get free space setting up an eBay online store?
Old May 5, 2010, 08:03 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder View Post
can't you get free space setting up an eBay online store?
Good point, but you can't really customize that much (or I don't think you can). Depends what his mom is wanting to do I suppose.

Also I believe each listing costs money.
Old May 5, 2010, 04:28 PM
Rookie

ebay is too expensive. I expected it working same way as polish based allegro.pl, but it actually doesn't, and listings are expensive.
any other ideas gentlemen?
Edit:
I checked out the Yahoo solution and it is really nice, but:
Quote:
Yahoo! Merchant Solutions is not set up at present to serve merchants outside the U.S. While international merchants may use Yahoo! Merchant Solutions, they should be aware of the following:
  • Yahoo! Merchant Solutions' checkout systems are set up to compute currency in U.S. dollars only.
  • Merchants are required to either use a compatible merchant account, a PayPal Business account, or an offline payment processor to accept payments and many of these institutions will not accept applications for merchants without a U.S.-based billing address.
  • Merchants will be billed for transaction fees in U.S. dollars.
Maybe something what is Canada based?

Last edited by chartkor; May 5, 2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old May 7, 2010, 05:45 PM
Rookie

Ok, I have next question, sorry for post under post.
Well, so I am just setting up my PayPal account, and I have some questions as my english is not perfect, and I have a hard time understanding complicated legal stuff sometimes. Can somebody explain what is it about?
Quote:
8.5 Additional Fees
Activity
Fee
Currency Conversion 2.5% added to the exchange rate

The exchange rate is determined by a financial institution and is adjusted regularly based on market conditions. Adjustments may be applied immediately and without notice to you. Withdrawing your Balance $0.50 for withdraw to bank account of $149.99 or less. Free for withdraw to bank account of $150.00 or more. Chargeback The Chargeback fee applies at the time a Chargeback is filed for a payment you received and you are not eligible for PayPal Seller Protection. This Fee is based on the currency received as follows:
Canadian Dollar: $15.00 CAD
(I removed all other
currencies )
Thanks for any help

Last edited by chartkor; May 7, 2010 at 07:18 PM.