Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 27, 2010, 12:17 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default my pc can connect to the network, but not the net

So there's this problem that's been going on in my house. Yesterday, all non-mac computers decided that they would no longer connect to the network via wireless. This includes my ps3, my pc, laptop and even my iphone...I should mention that my router is the apple airport extreme...

No idea what is going on here...I've reset the router, modem, computer, reinstalled drivers...even set the wireless network up again from scratch. I tried system restore hoping that would fix it, but no...

For a while, my computer wouldn't even detect the network, but I've gotten passed that. Now it continually tries to connect, and every once in a while it does and gives me the most horrendous speeds on the internet, and then disconnects....and it repeats.

Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone here can enlighten me on the situation?

Thanks in advance.
Old March 27, 2010, 03:20 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

hmm seems i fixed my problem....after much frustration and trial and error, turns out i had to change the broadcast channels?
i recall something like this happening a few years ago when a new network magically showed up within range of mine....
my uneducated guess is there was some sort of interference? I dunno, but manually setting the channels seemed to correct the problem for my pc, ps3 etc...

Why is this even an issue i wonder? and why didn't the mac's go down like the rest of the tech in my house??