Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8, 2010, 10:20 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Bitcomet + Shaw Highspeed Internet

Hi guys,

When I first installed Bitcomet on my old desktop running Windows XP, it worked straight away. The listening port, 30674, was never blocked (always green and showing WAN). I never had to do any port forwarding or tweaking of my internet settings.

After getting my new desktop and a new router, the Trendnet TEW-652BRP, everything still worked, for a while. I just noticed that my listening port is now suddenly blocked, for no apparent reason. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

I looked at a few guides on port forwarding, but they all seem to require a static IP, but Shaw Internet uses dynamic IP. And how come Bitcomet used to work properly, but all of sudden the listening port becomes blocked? I'm still using the same firewall, Zonealarm free, and also Avast. The only thing different is that I just downloaded an update for windows defender.

Thanks!!!
Old March 8, 2010, 10:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The guides say static IP, because you can assign static IP's on your internal network on which you can forward a port and it will alwayss be forwarded regardless of what IP you get from shaw. Try disabling all of your firewalls. Not sure why you're using both Zonealarm (which is garbage) AND Avast because I thought they are both AV/Firewall combos. You can also try changing the port in bitcomet and in your router's port forwarding settings to see if that affects anything. I ususally use a higher number like 66545 or something random like that.
Old March 11, 2010, 05:23 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks! I'll check out a few guides on this and give it a try. But somehow, after upgrading BiComet to 1.9, the problem went away. So weird.