Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 9, 2007, 05:54 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Default Router loosing Network connection?

I usually can find my answers in the web, but this time I only find answers related to the Internet connection...

Here's my problem: I have a router (WRT54G v.5) connected to my modem. It's wireless, and I have 4 computers running with cards, and a single one hard-wired. All can connect to the Internet, even the Wireless ones (I'm typing this on my lappy).

What happens is that I cannot connect to some of the computers I have within the Network. An example of the error message is:

Quote:
\\JF-TESTRIG-2\ is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

No more connections can be made at this remote computer at this time because there are already as many connections as the computer can accept.
I have verified the router settings and I can have as many as 50 connections. Anything under Windows that I could have missed? I'm running both XP and Vista, the router is set up with SSID broadcast disabled, WEP-AES security and automatic DHCP.

Thanks.

John
Old October 9, 2007, 07:07 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

After googling the whole error message, I found out that there is a maximum of 10 connections that can be made at all times... it's not the router, it's Windows.

I'm trying to limit the number of connections ATM.