Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 13, 2010, 04:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well after the weak reviews i have been reading about bell messing with teksavvy clients i have decide to stay with my 125$ rogers extreme which i think is crazy but me without the web now that's crazy ha ha. the crtc has to go.
Old April 13, 2010, 05:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
well after the weak reviews i have been reading about bell messing with teksavvy clients i have decide to stay with my 125$ rogers extreme which i think is crazy but me without the web now that's crazy ha ha. the crtc has to go.
I don't blame you. But, Rogers is a ripoff but at least you get a decent connection no matter where you are (within reason) and my experience has been okay with bandwidth/connection quality. Downloading also works despite throttling (it's a slow dnld but I'm dealing with it). But, if I want 100GB usage, it's wayyyyy expensive!!!
Old April 13, 2010, 05:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
What do you need Extreme for? Do you have any retention discounts applied?
Old April 13, 2010, 08:58 PM
Banned

What speeds should you get with DSL if you're 3-4 kms away from the CO?

Is 1.4 DLD and 0.25 UPD low? Seems low to me. I read on the Acanac of one poster claiming it's an actual profile. That sounds like one of the lowest. If I had 2.5 download speed before at the same location, I should be able to get that speed at least, right? I'm not a happy camper and was hoping I can request this speed or better. If I'm on a remote or have some situation that is subpar, can I ask for a better connection? Bell shouldn't be allowed to do this. I think I should have a better speed.

Imho, this is just Bell's way in trying to get people to cancel subscriptions with 3rd party DSL ISPs.
Old April 14, 2010, 06:24 AM
Allstar
F@H

here's a rule of thumb chart. 3-4 km generally isn't good, but it can vary alot.
Why is distance important with DSL? DSL FAQ - dslreports.com

I'm pretty lucky, I could throw stones at mine from the backyard, top speed always.
Old April 14, 2010, 08:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
What do you need Extreme for? Do you have any retention discounts applied?
3 heavy users. and no we don't get any retention discounts at all we where told when we thought about leaving to fff off not kidding then when we got a real answer it was so go a head we don't care they all buy from us or bell. they don't care they all get are money anyways all they do at the end of the year is say they need it and the government gives them are money. crtc has to go.