Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8, 2010, 12:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default keep getting disconnected on my main pc but all others are fine

I have been trying to figure out what is going on with my network connection for the past 3 days.

I seem to disconnect when I am Downloading ( torrents) after about 5-10 minutes I get this in the event Logs
"Name resolution for the name www.msftncsi.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers
responded"

well this time I totally uninstalled the network adapters ( in the device manager) and rebooted .
my other computer and my laptop have no issues at all.
the funny thing is that I have two onboard adapters if I were unplug the cable from one and plug it into the other it works, that is until I start downloading . when I disconnect I cannot access my Router either. is it this evga 680i board?
Old January 8, 2010, 12:59 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Arrow decisions, decisions.

Put that url in your hosts file and point it to the local host. That way resolution will never fail.

Connecting to that URL is part of the Network Connectivity Status Indicator and Network awareness. You can disable it but that may cause other problems for you. (Links are for Vista but seem to apply to 7, too.)
Old January 10, 2010, 01:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I cured the problem by totally uninstalling ( through device manager) the network cards and rebooting .