Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7, 2010, 11:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Linksys WMP54G problem

In the process of finishing a new rig for my father, I wanted to take his wireless card which is a Linksys WMP54G from his old computer and put it in his new one. I can't seem to get it to work and I am starting to lose my temper over this.

When connecting the card to the computer, Windows 7 doesn't manage to install the proper drivers. So I tell myself, fine, I will go download them and install them (Linksys site is crap I find). All goes well, its downloaded, I run it, it tells me to shut off my computer, put the card in and that upon reboot, the installation will continue. However, once it reboots, the installation does not continue and it seems no matter what I try, I can't get to install the drivers for this bloody card.

Going into device manager and trying from there doesn't yield better results.

I need a little help here guys before I go crazy.

Edit: o/s is Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Last edited by Kilauea; January 7, 2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old January 7, 2010, 12:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The issue is solved thanks to this guy How to install WMP54G Drivers on Windows 7 Beta 64 bit (or Vista 64 bit) | PhishThis! and this matter confirms my thoughts: Linksys has a site and possibly equally good customer support.
Old February 15, 2010, 09:33 PM
Rookie

The Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter installs in most desktops and lets you put your computer almost anywhere in the building, without the cost and hassle of running network cables.
Old February 15, 2010, 09:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ok, I don't mean to be rude, but that wasn't very informative specially considering the fact that on January 7th, I clearly stated that the issue was solved and that your answer had nothing to do whatsoever with my problem.