Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 20, 2013, 10:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I was about to suggest team viewer it works great and is very easy to setup for windows or linux
Old September 20, 2013, 10:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

The isssue with Windows 7 HP and Vista is by choice they do NOT have RDP capability and to get Vista to work requires a lot of work as found out.

This all started because so many people ran Windows XP Pro which came with RDP capabilities which is now the equivalent of Windows 7 Professional itself. Microsoft felt that the normal home user did not need RDP capability and relied on them to use alternatives such as TeamViewer.

Windows 7 comes with RDP but you need to have Pro or higher for this function to work.
Old September 20, 2013, 11:32 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
I was about to suggest team viewer it works great and is very easy to setup for windows or linux
I still prefer and love Teamviewer over any other form of RDP as it truly is straight forward and easy to use and I've never had an issue connecting to a PC running it.
Old September 20, 2013, 11:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I still prefer and love Teamviewer over any other form of RDP as it truly is straight forward and easy to use and I've never had an issue connecting to a PC running it.
Unless you work for the City of Calgary and they have all that crap blocked and you can't even get out with TeamViewer