Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 28, 2009, 06:02 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonwall View Post
My cap with cogeco is 60gb, last month i had something like 450gb of usage. It made me laugh looking at the bill "Overage Fees: 390gb @ $1.50" Thank god for the $30 limit on overages!
I'm with cogeco as well, but I have the Pro package and the max they can charge you if you go over the bandwidth (which I do every month lol) is $50.

"The peppers fired a warning shot. Some were so loud and echoing that I was later told a few folks in
other aisles had ducked, fearing that someone was robbing the store and firing off a shotgun."
Old November 28, 2009, 08:00 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

500GB? 450GB? What the hell can you do to get so much? Pirate...?
Old November 29, 2009, 07:56 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well streaming HD youtube takes a helluva lot of bandwidth. Also using media servers to access movies and things remotely is a big one. I will plead ignorance on pirating though
Old November 29, 2009, 08:50 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashock View Post
People i dont know about you but if its available pleasse for the love of god switch to Teksavvy these ISP with their ridicolous caps 30gbs?? wats the point of having such a good connection with so little upload and download?
Teksavvy here as well ... don't know how much BW we use for a family of 4 but it's about 30$ per month and thats it. The speed is about 20% slower than Bell directly but it costs me 2 times less but no extras.

Dealing with Bell makes me want to barf ...
Old November 29, 2009, 09:25 AM
Banned
F@H

Something tell me that you not the only one ..... 3 months ago I get ride of expressvue -1 Bell , tomorow I may switch to techsavvy..I will just make sure about if I'm not bound with one of those Bell contract. (even if I'm with them more than 2 years.. they may have a renew close, so I will have to wait the end of the year ) until Bell bring back customer support in Canada we should all BELL... , it's not the the tunesian peoples who pay Bell services, so why it's them who should have the job .... do we have something better than talk about Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamawho View Post
Dealing with Bell makes me want to barf ...

Last edited by MarkOne; November 29, 2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old November 29, 2009, 12:38 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

You're in QC. Why not switch to Teksavvy?
Old December 1, 2009, 10:10 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I just signed up with teksavvy after reading some reviews, and i must say their customer service and technical support is amazing. Net and phone is cheaper then bell, woot!
Recommended!
Old December 2, 2009, 04:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'll be switching to teksavvy around the end of January. I'm kind of surprised that they don't have any tv or radio advertisements on the air. I'm seeing a growing number of people in the pc community switching. Imagine if teksavvy would launch an all-out ad campaign.

Like I stated in a previous thread, why not get a 200GB cap AND a home phone with teksavvy for a few bucks less than what I'm paying rogers for a 60GB cap which is throttled half the time?

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old December 3, 2009, 01:14 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayah View Post
You're in QC. Why not switch to Teksavvy?
I talked about Teksavvy to my mother, but she prefer to stay with Videotron since they have TV+Phone+Internet with them, giving them rebate, should usually be 165$/month for all 3 of them, of much would it be to switch phone and internet to Teksavvy?

EDIT:
It would cost about 80$/month for Teksavvy illimited highspeed (70$ for the limited 200gb one) + the home phone service and long distance, would still need to see how much our Illico would cost... Doesn't seem too bad!

Last edited by Lamb; December 3, 2009 at 01:25 PM.