Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 29, 2009, 02:03 PM
Rookie

Default Forwarded Ports but allegedly still closed?

Ok I did this
Port Forwarding Borderlands on the Trendnet TEW-631BRP
But it didnt help, in my router menu i have em all enabled but borderlands still wont let anybody connect with me. And PFPortChecker also says they're closed. I also added all the ports to windows firewall exceptions.
I put my router's IP in the empty IP slot because it didnt accept anything else and blank also wasnt an option.
Whats the problem here folks?

EDIT: Could it have something to do with this?

This is not my picture.
My options are set like this:
UDP: 2nd option
TCP: 3rd option

Last edited by SadisticMonkey; October 29, 2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old October 29, 2009, 02:17 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Those settings wouldn't effect it as mine is set to 2nd and 3rd as well since my DIR-655 has the same options.

How's your modem setup to your router? If the modem is managing the connection to the ISP and your router isn't the one initiating it, then it's likely the router does not have the outside IP address, thus why you forward ports don't do anything since the modem has it's own firewall and NAT.
Old October 29, 2009, 02:51 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Those settings wouldn't effect it as mine is set to 2nd and 3rd as well since my DIR-655 has the same options.

How's your modem setup to your router? If the modem is managing the connection to the ISP and your router isn't the one initiating it, then it's likely the router does not have the outside IP address, thus why you forward ports don't do anything since the modem has it's own firewall and NAT.
Umm all i can say is i dont know. For all i know they might be connected by a wire or something. I really cant say anything else about my modem :/ its just.... there. Allways has been.
Old October 29, 2009, 02:55 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well what's your ISP?

And on your router's status page, what's the IP address listed for the WAN?
Old October 29, 2009, 03:07 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Well what's your ISP?

And on your router's status page, what's the IP address listed for the WAN?
ISP - I live in a country called estonia so my Internet Service Provider is Starman

WAN:

82.131.16.0 I think.
Old October 29, 2009, 03:46 PM
Rookie

Should my WAN Port Mode be Router Mode or Bridge Mode?
Old October 29, 2009, 06:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Not too sure on the WAN Port setting. I'm assuming that's on the router?

However it seems you WAN IP semi-correct anyhow. Shouldn't end in .0 though.

I'm curious, if you plug your computer directly into the modem, do you get Internet connection right away? And if you do, go to command prompt and type: ipconfig and look for the default gateway address. Then try typing that into your browser and see if it turns up some sort of management page. And if it does, try and figure out the login information for it. If you can get in, then check out your modem configuration, perhaps it has a firewall in it as well which you should probably just disable and let the router handle things.
Old October 29, 2009, 06:21 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Not too sure on the WAN Port setting. I'm assuming that's on the router?

However it seems you WAN IP semi-correct anyhow. Shouldn't end in .0 though.

I'm curious, if you plug your computer directly into the modem, do you get Internet connection right away? And if you do, go to command prompt and type: ipconfig and look for the default gateway address. Then try typing that into your browser and see if it turns up some sort of management page. And if it does, try and figure out the login information for it. If you can get in, then check out your modem configuration, perhaps it has a firewall in it as well which you should probably just disable and let the router handle things.
Yeah all the information im getting and i obviously had to open the ports - all was done from the router management page. Ill check other stuff tomorrow im way too tired.
Old October 30, 2009, 04:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

try this place and look for your router and or software and set it up using the settings there PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall
Old October 30, 2009, 06:54 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
try this place and look for your router and or software and set it up using the settings there PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall
IF you actually look at the OP i have done all that...............