Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 18, 2009, 11:21 AM
F@H

My System Specs

All wireless routers these days are easy to setup and port forward on. Should be able to get something for like $50 that would suffice.
Old October 18, 2009, 12:17 PM
Allstar
F@H

that mobo has built in wifi? i added a lynksys usb wifi card, i didn't see any wifi under adapter settings?

Old October 18, 2009, 12:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT! View Post
that mobo has built in wifi? i added a lynksys usb wifi card, i didn't see any wifi under adapter settings?
P5K-Deluxe/Premium wifi edition. Its a P35 chipset. Sweet board actually. Minus the fact their is a known bug and it only works with Seagate drives for some reason...
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old October 18, 2009, 01:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i believe there's a header onboard for wifi been a long time since i looked on that board but i have seen and worked with a lot of p5k/asrock/asus stuff that has it onboard
@ bt check the manual to see i hope there's not now that you went and bought stuff LOL
thank all would you guys suggest linksystems or D-link for a router and i really want the easiest setup there is I really hate playing plug and play to not have it work

thanks all gingerbee
Old October 18, 2009, 01:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Routers are just like mobo's. Everyone has a love/hate brand(s).

I despise (since they got bought out) Linksys products. D-link has not given me issues.

My neighbor? He calls me a retard, swears by linksys, and wont touch D-link.

Whaddya do?
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old October 18, 2009, 03:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Routers are just like mobo's. Everyone has a love/hate brand(s).

I despise (since they got bought out) Linksys products. D-link has not given me issues.

My neighbor? He calls me a retard, swears by linksys, and wont touch D-link.

Whaddya do?
Yup that's about it. I've had good and bad experiences with D-Link. My DI-624 was terrible, would drop connection non-stop once you got some torrents or gaming going (too much traffic for the poor thing).

Then I had a DGL-4300, great router. Rock solid and no problems at all regardless of traffic. Now I have a DIR-655 and once you get DNS Relay disabled, it's also solid. Though other people still can't get theirs stable, so it's iffy (see D-Link Forums).

Haven't used any Linksys products personally, but my grandparents have the WRT160N (I think, I didn't help them buy it so it's probably what the sales person told them to get). And the few times I've done some configuration on it, seems their Web UI is a bit more advanced than D-Link, so it's more difficult to set things up.
Old October 18, 2009, 03:14 PM
Allstar
F@H

no wifi on this board. :( lol

Old October 18, 2009, 03:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok see this was my problem a few years ago i was using a d-link and no matter what i did could not get it to port forward so went out bought another 1 ( that's in a box some where around here lol ) and that 1 did the same damn thing so after a few weeks of slow downloads i just gave up ( hell i send clients who want wireless networking to a buddy at futureshop so i don't have to bother )
again I know get off my lazy but and do it thank
Old October 18, 2009, 03:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

sorry man that sucks what clocks have you gotten that e8400 up to on that board
Old October 18, 2009, 03:58 PM
Allstar
F@H

still at 3.6, havn't played with it yet, been trying to get this q9550 stable at 4ghz, so far i've gotten it to go over 8h 3 times on prime before freezing, have the fsb at 1.4v, vcore at 1.43125 in bios, shows a 1.40 max in cpuid and drops when prime is running. going to try another run later tonight. once this one is running smooth i'm going to move to the other set-up. ;)