Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 18, 2009, 09:10 AM
Allstar

Default Win 7 install pooched the lan

I have 3 systems on my lan and a WRT160NL router

I chucked a copy of win7 X86 RTM on a spare hard drive on my test rig for shitz and giggles ( I disconnected the 2 drives that normally run on it ) I made the mistake of letting the install create a homegroup.
When I disconnected the win7 drive and went back to my 2 other drives, my main computer (win7 RC) can no longer see the XP computer. My VNC to the testrig doesn't even work.
I tried renaming both computers as well as renaming the workgroup.I turned off the firewall and the network settings all seem to be where I left them.
I also did a system restore on my main with no effect.
Any ideas?
Old October 18, 2009, 10:42 AM
Allstar

OK, I solved it.
It was the router, I had all the systems on static DHCP by mac address and I guess the win7 install was giving the router fits..(2 systems same mac)
I restored my router settings from my backup and everything works again.