Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 22, 2009, 06:10 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I've been having connection issues lately with my D-Link DIR-655 which is marketed as a gaming router. Been thinking of picking up something new lately. The heat issue Wilson mentioned might be what is causing my problems because the house has been on the warm side even. Unfortunately the DIR-655 can't accept any third party firmware and the firmware from d-link doesn't help in fact I find the base firmware more stable.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old July 22, 2009, 09:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelt View Post
I've been having connection issues lately with my D-Link DIR-655 which is marketed as a gaming router. Been thinking of picking up something new lately. The heat issue Wilson mentioned might be what is causing my problems because the house has been on the warm side even. Unfortunately the DIR-655 can't accept any third party firmware and the firmware from d-link doesn't help in fact I find the base firmware more stable.
If you keep up with the D-Link forums, 1.32NA is the latest release (which is really just a beta) but it's a lot better than 1.31 was. Mines been running great since doing so. Also, word of advice, keep DNS Relay disabled.