Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30, 2009, 04:31 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Good call disabling UPnP. Sure, it can be useful, but it is a huge security hole.
Old July 30, 2009, 07:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Hmm what's wrong with UPnP? I'll disable it and see what happens.

I have static IP setup for all my computers and the correct ports forwarded for BT. As of right now, my Internet usage is very low as I'm just listening to the radio. I've already missed a good chunk of instant messages on WLM with my friends.
I'm missing some messages too...Ive got some friends that have yahoo and I'm on msn..and it says This message cannot be delivered to all the recipients...
Old August 2, 2009, 06:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sejin View Post
I was looking into it and I've seen mention that the HFSC packet scheduler is still quite buggy, set it back to HTB and see if that works. Also uncheck "Optimize for Gaming".
Done and done. Still getting disconnected when BTing though. Again, only WLM gets disconnected. Everything else is still fine, including WLM on my sister's computer too.
Old August 7, 2009, 08:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

TCP Timeout: 240 seconds
UDP Timeout: 80 seconds

Still getting DCed on Windows Live Messenger when BTing. In fact, my sister's comp, which is on wireless, gets disconnected from her WLM as well.
Old November 14, 2009, 08:49 PM
Trial Member

Go into the uPnP config in your router and clear out the entries. This should correct the issue. I found that I needed to do this at least once a week- it's a pain, but I prefer using uPnP.
Old November 14, 2009, 10:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purge View Post
Go into the uPnP config in your router and clear out the entries. This should correct the issue. I found that I needed to do this at least once a week- it's a pain, but I prefer using uPnP.
Whether uPnP was enabled or disabled, it didn't make a difference. I'm now using the WHR-HP-G54 with DD-WRT and the TCP Timeout at like 350 seconds. All seems to be well, except for the occasional disconnections.