Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 7, 2009, 02:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Rogers Disconnections

Anyone having trouble with Rogers? I'm getting disconnected an AWFUL lot today. I've tried bypassing the router so my PC is connected directly to the modem, but I still can't get access to the Internet. Atm, I'm connected to the Internet but who knows how long it'll last.
Old June 7, 2009, 02:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

No problems here, I'm in TO too.... I advise you to call Rogers to see if there is an outage reported in your area....
Old June 7, 2009, 03:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

Sounds like a local outage. Just fine over here in K-W. But about a month ago, we had everything Rogers-related go down for an afternoon because of a repair crew. Some of my neighbours lost everything - internet, TV, phone - until it was up and running again.
Old June 7, 2009, 03:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

fine in orillia
Old June 7, 2009, 05:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Dr. Silver View Post
No problems here, I'm in TO too.... I advise you to call Rogers to see if there is an outage reported in your area....
I called them and they said it appears that my modem is responding fine. I have no idea they're checking that though. Anyways the girl said that she put a note in my account so that when I call back, I can request a technician to come over and check over my cables.

The weird thing is that I started getting these disconnections a month ago when I run BitTorrent. No settings were changed, the disconnections just came. Today, it got 10X worse.

And I lost it again. What the hell is going on?

Edit: It seems that the problem is originating from my computer. My sister has no problem connecting to the Internet while I lose my Internet on my computer. Is there a way to check this and fix this?

Last edited by geokilla; June 7, 2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old June 7, 2009, 06:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you have 2 network card, try to find if your PC is not adressing the IP to the second and to the one wich is plugged in, that can make IP conflict wich result in Defeault Gateway issue and connection lose. I had this issue about...well...all this week and result that was my problem I just desactivate in my bios my second network card and everything went fin from this point.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||