Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 24, 2009, 10:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realityshift View Post
Tell him torrents are only for sleepy time ;) I know how you feel when it comes to peoples downloading habits messing up your gaming >.< it sucks! My old room mate used to just leave his upstream @ unlimited so we'd be paying $102 a month for shaw extreme and id be getting 2000+ latency on WoW... Very annoying...
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguyfromhell View Post
Flash DD-WRT on your router (it's supported) and try the QOS settings there.

Flash the mini version first, then the standard version.

Mini: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24_..._NEWD_mini.bin

Standard: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24_...5_NEWD_std.bin
Learn to use the scheduler in uTorrent and then you don't need QoS.

You set it up to use little to no bandwidth during the day and all your bandwidth at night.
Old April 24, 2009, 06:59 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Also, I think you can configure Utorrent so you can have remote access to it (i.e. control it from another PC via a browser). Right now I'm under Ubuntu so I can't verify, but here's a (valid?) link.

How to access uTorrent from a remote PC - Simple Help

And actually I don't know how complete the web interface is. Guess you'll discover by yourself.