Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 9, 2008, 09:07 AM
Rookie

Default D-link routers and the supplied software

Quick question, I am in the midst of trying to get a d-link router set up (DIR-628) already fired a question off to tech support. But I'll be damned if I can get the software off the supplied disk to run. It begins the install then gives me a "Error 313: Multiple Wired Adapters Detected" then stops. <------my whole week has been like this with computers

Anyways, I can find the router fine through the Network control panel, or through the supplied demo of Network Magic. But apparently D-links software can't find the router.

Anyone else had trouble with the supplied software from D-link (first time router noob here, so I am sure that doesn't help the situation either)

Edit: if it is worth anything, I am plugged into the router right now, and able to surf the net and W.H.Y. just can't seem to get it to "set up"

Dan
Old November 9, 2008, 10:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Try checking their site for updated BIOS. I've had issues with D-Links not working until flashing a new BIOS before.

Edit: does your board have multiple ethernet connections? try disabling one in the BIOS if you can.
Old November 9, 2008, 10:16 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

I never use the supplied software, just set your router up by hand by going to 192.168.0.1 and using the default password to get access. From there you should be able to set up whatever you want. Let us know if you need help getting all the settings working, but if you're already on it and cruising the net, chances are you don't need much more setup.
Old November 9, 2008, 10:24 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

The reason you are getting this error is because you have other Dlinks on your LAN (one probably w/ 192.168.0.1). Take it off your network plug in only one computer to it and try again...or do what I always do...throw away the CD and do a manual install. 192.169.0.1 in FireFox is your friend :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 9, 2008, 10:43 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

What they both said - I did this last week installing a DIR-655. Worked like a charm. Also, I don't know if it makes a difference, but I always connect the first computer to LAN1.
Old November 9, 2008, 10:45 AM
Rookie

Thanks peeps, will check the bios, and try the manual setup. No other d-link stuff in my set uo, just the router, unless it may be seeing something else as a dlink item, but then it woul have to be something on the mother board, as it was giving me that error, without even having a ether cable plugged into the comp.

Thanks People!