Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CONTESTS > EXPIRED CONTESTS > NCIX's 18th Anniversary Sweepstakes Contest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25, 2014, 11:40 AM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Default NCIX's 18th Anniversary Sweepstakes Contest

Name:  18th.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  176.1 KB

Happy 18th Birthday NCIX!!!

Birthdays = gifts, so we're giving away gifts galore! :)

Enter to win a Anniversary Edition NCIX PC + Nvidia Shield, worth $1700!
Runner up prizes include a Samsung 4K UHD LED Monitor, worth $600 and Xbox One + Titanfall game worth $500!

Enter now: http://www.ncix.com/article/18thSweepstakes.htm

Rules: The NCIX 18th Anniversary Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions

Good luck all! No purchase necessary, but get extra entries for every $10 spent!
Old April 25, 2014, 12:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This contest excludes Quebec. IMHO it really sucks that a company I consider to be fairly big still excludes Quebec, specially when it wasn't always the case (back when it was smaller, I never used to see those things coming from NCIX).
Old April 25, 2014, 01:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilauea View Post
This contest excludes Quebec. IMHO it really sucks that a company I consider to be fairly big still excludes Quebec, specially when it wasn't always the case (back when it was smaller, I never used to see those things coming from NCIX).
They do that due to all the special laws for Quebec. Quebec is to blame not NCIX and I'm the first to poke fun at NCIX but they are doing a great giveaway and just don't want to 10 pages of legal BS or all the added taxes and crap that Quebec wants.

All and all good on NCIX and Happy Birthday NCIX your now legal ;)
Old April 25, 2014, 01:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ahh, 18 years of NCIX, and their website still looks like it belongs in the nineties! Way to not 'sell out' and bow to the pressures of 'ease of use' and 'modern design', NCIX!!!

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old April 25, 2014, 01:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Ahh, 18 years of NCIX, and their website still looks like it belongs in the nineties! Way to not 'sell out' and bow to the pressures of 'ease of use' and 'modern design', NCIX!!!
To bad sorting by price is still broken :P

only been 2 months now haha
Old April 25, 2014, 01:17 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Ya le Régie des alcools des courses et des jeux, is to be blamed for the excluding Quebec in almost every entry. Here the reason why: Concours publicitaires*- Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (RACJ)

TL:DR

The reason is that these contests have to pay a fee to the Government if the prize is over 100$ and if they wish for anyone in Quebec to participate.

I'm going to live in Gatineau this summer but since it's still technically Quebec I still can't get in :P
Old April 25, 2014, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
To bad sorting by price is still broken :P

only been 2 months now haha
That doesn't compare to the woes that Memory express is having at the moment. They're changing over to a new POS, and the inventory they have indicate on the website does not match what they have in-store. It's a nightmare! You walk into a store expecting them to have 14 of the monitors you want, only to find out those numbers are from february and they have 0 in stock. It makes planning a rig very difficult.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old April 25, 2014, 01:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
That doesn't compare to the woes that Memory express is having at the moment. They're changing over to a new POS, and the inventory they have indicate on the website does not match what they have in-store. It's a nightmare! You walk into a store expecting them to have 14 of the monitors you want, only to find out those numbers are from february and they have 0 in stock. It makes planning a rig very difficult.
There is another HUGE issue MemX has and its a issue our company kicked to the curb, Remember children always do a reference check
Old April 25, 2014, 01:34 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Pfff I live in Quebec and I entered the contest. If I win I will make arrangements with a friend in Ontario (I know I must have or two ).....screw you Quebec!

Folding Build 1 : White Asylum (Case Labs SM8)
Folding Build 2 : Ergo Proxy (Case Labs SMH10)
Folding Build 3 : Hurrikaine (Case Labs S8)
Gaming Build : Alexstrasza’s Shrine (Case Labs S5)
Work In Progress : Xenomorph (Parvum S2.0)
Old April 27, 2014, 01:18 AM
Rookie

Quote:
True words there GBA

Also for a very long time issue there is different prices on same / identical product.
Look at an item on one page price is $
Look at same product on a different page price is $$$.
Crazy.