Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 12, 2008, 08:40 PM
Top Prospect

T8100 not up to date enougH?

I dont no, i like the design of the M1330, i won't be gettin ghte 8400 so nothing to worry about?
OCZ 2 x 2GB Platinum DDR2 800
XFX / EVGA 8800GT 512MB SLI
Cooler Master Cosmos
PC POWER & COOLING 750watt
Seagate 1TB
Seagate 500gb
Seagate 250gb
DVD Rom/Burner

LG 22" Wide
G5/G15/Z-5500 Logitech
Old August 12, 2008, 10:10 PM
Top Prospect

just saw this:

custom gaming laptops - Welcome to Sager Notebooks
OCZ 2 x 2GB Platinum DDR2 800
XFX / EVGA 8800GT 512MB SLI
Cooler Master Cosmos
PC POWER & COOLING 750watt
Seagate 1TB
Seagate 500gb
Seagate 250gb
DVD Rom/Burner

LG 22" Wide
G5/G15/Z-5500 Logitech
Old August 12, 2008, 10:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkorb View Post
That looks rather decent but never heard of them before...

Too bad it's only a 4 cell battery
Old August 13, 2008, 04:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

What I wanna know is if the X4500HD or X3100 IGPs are any good at 1280x800. I'd like to play Source games at that level. Anyone have any experience with those? The only review I can find of the X4500HD is at Phoronix, which isn't all that great...

EDIT: Phoronix is right lol.

Last edited by bojangles; August 13, 2008 at 05:04 AM.
Old August 13, 2008, 05:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkorb View Post
If someone has exp with that and how good is dell's warranty? if there is a problem is the laptop shipped away?

Well I have experience of a kind with dealing with their warranties. I worked for Dell when they still had their office in Edmonton.

Although lots of times you will see otherwise, Dell's warranty is very good. Yes if you have an issue you have to call them, and most likely get India or the Philippines, but really even that can be a relitive pain free experience.

Also it depends on what level of warranty you get with the machine. Since you mentioned that this is for school I would really recommend getting the next day and complete care warranty. With the next day warranty you never have to worry about shipping the machine away if there is a problem, they will either send you the part directly or send a tech to fix it for you on site. And they don't require you to send in the bad part until you get the new one.

Now if you get the return to depot contract, then yes you would have to ship it to their depot to get fixed. Which means unless it is something you can replace on your own like a hard drive then it will take a few weeks usually to get everything fixed and back in your hands.

No matter which one you pick, return to depot or next day, you should still add the complete care package. It is just worth it, because it covers everything except intentional damage. So if one night you spill your reb bull or beer or whatever on it, it would still be covered. Hell you could even drive over it and it will still be covered.

Hope that helps.