Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 28, 2017, 08:41 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default The MAX-Q Laptop Battle - ASUS vs Gigabyte Comment Thread

NVIDIA's MAX-Q technology was headlined by the ASUS Zephyrus, a thin and light notebook with huge graphics performance. But now there's a new competitor: Gigabyte's Zero 15X.

Read more here: MAX-Q Laptop Battle - ASUS Zephyrus vs Gigabyte Aero 15X

Gigabyte........so close yet so far away.
Old November 29, 2017, 06:32 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

smartphone makers and certainly laptops that have that much more space for battery capacity, these days are a bloody joke, makes them very pricey for the component selection than hamstring their running time through not very good battery life.

I can kind of understand with smartphones because of limited room for a very large battery, but something like this that is over $2k IMO is a joke when cannot run full speed for at least 6 hours or something along these lines. Not about to go out and buy Nvidia anything any time soon but that is IMO of course ^.^
Old December 6, 2017, 12:36 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonstongue View Post
smartphone makers and certainly laptops that have that much more space for battery capacity, these days are a bloody joke, makes them very pricey for the component selection than hamstring their running time through not very good battery life.

I can kind of understand with smartphones because of limited room for a very large battery, but something like this that is over $2k IMO is a joke when cannot run full speed for at least 6 hours or something along these lines. Not about to go out and buy Nvidia anything any time soon but that is IMO of course ^.^
The real joke is thinking that qualcomm chips are capable of running X86 apps.

You can't cram a CPU, motherboard, Memory, storage and GPU in one small die to begin with, without everything blowing up in your face. I'm not even mentioning the huge battery right next to all that mess!

The technology is simply not there. I even read somewhere that a plugged-in Surfacebook 2 playing demanding games will lose battery charge instead of charging!