Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 10, 2014, 09:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Note 2 stuck at boot screen

Someone asked me to fix their Galaxy Note 2, it gets stuck at a boot screen and gets the frozen loop when trying to charge it.

I can't get into the hard reset menu/recovery mode but I can get into ODIN. I tried loading the stock firmware onto the phone via ODIN but the micro USB connection craps out.

Anything else I could try?
Old July 10, 2014, 09:53 PM
Top Prospect

Samsungs have a very good built in fail-safe to force the hardware into download mode using a USB jig with a resistance of 300K.
I made one years ago and used it frequently back when I was flashing my phone all the time.

You can find instructions here: How to make Samsung Galaxy S Download Mode JIG to solve if 3-Button combination failed | Android Solution.
It should still work for other Samsung phones.

Failing that you can just buy one off Amazon or eBay, but that's a waste of money.

If you want you can just swing by Mississauga and I'll let you have a go at using my jig.

Also ensure that you're using a good quality cable when flashing, I've had failures before on cables that I used to transfer data quite frequently, then switched to other cables and had success. I tend to use manufacturer's cables for updates.
Old July 11, 2014, 08:57 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxy View Post

Also ensure that you're using a good quality cable when flashing, I've had failures before on cables that I used to transfer data quite frequently, then switched to other cables and had success. I tend to use manufacturer's cables for updates.
Agreed here, I've had major issues wit HTC phones and generic USB cables.