Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 10, 2014, 02:53 PM
Trial Member

Default Wireless Charging?

Anyone use it? Care to comment on charging pads? I use a Nexus 5 and my lady uses a Note 3. I picked up the Note 3 charging door (i lul'ed at Samsung users and their add on$) and now need a round of pads. I looked at the samsung branded charging pad, but was wondering if one of the cheaper ebay china ones would work with both phones as i will need nearly 6 of them. Any feed back on these cheap-o ebay joints overheating, bad news etc?
Old March 10, 2014, 06:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'd be very careful with the cheap ones and try to find solid reviews on them before buying.

I myself have the original Nexus orb charger from the Nexus 4 launch. Worked great with the N4 and now the N5. No issues.

Why do you need 6 chargers with only 2 phones? The assumption is you'd place this in an area where your phone typically resides, either at your desk or at your bedside. The N5 and Note 3 should both be able to survive a day on battery power without issues.