Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 28, 2014, 08:57 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Telus Wireless

Can anyone enlighten me on what this article could be implying...lower cell rates??

Telus leaves wireless group in a surprise move - Tech & Gadget - MSN CA
Old February 28, 2014, 09:16 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Could be after seeing what the government was able to get with their charge against robellus they figure why pay anyone to fight for them.
Old February 28, 2014, 09:44 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I'm really ignorant as to what's available or can be found as far as plans go. I'm with Telus now and when I was searching for a plan they seemed about as good as the next...nationwide plan.
When I was travelling to the U.S. regularly I had a north American plan with Verizon that would never ever be offered here by a Canadian carrier. I was really hoping Verizon or Sprint would by some air or bandwidth here a month ago when the sale happened, alas...
Maybe this will shake things up a bit.
Old February 28, 2014, 11:23 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I always thought that Telus was the most expensive one of the trio. I was with them for one month just to try and see if I get any reception at home compare to Bell, sadly same thing and I paid 75$ for like unlimited texts and local calls but only 1 GB of data.
Old February 28, 2014, 11:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

I pay like $75/month and have 6gb of data.. I don't think Telus is THAT expensive.
Old March 1, 2014, 12:04 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Well I guess they feel like overcharging here. I mean videotron has the same plans but 60$ instead of 75$ (6 GB of data, unlimited text nation wide and unlimited call throughout the province.)
Old March 1, 2014, 08:10 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Hasn't Telus been rumoured to be looking at buying Public/Mobilicity? Maybe by dropping out of the CWTA, it'll make this easier for them to do?

I do agree though that Telus has the highest prices in Ontario at least. I've never found their plans to be competitive at all. Their sub-brand of Koodo though does offer pretty good pricing which is typically the trendsetter and then all the other sub-brands of Bell/Rogers follow.
Old March 1, 2014, 08:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It means nothing... All it means is that Telus doesn't think this lobbying group is helping them get what they want.