Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 8, 2014, 11:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If you know someone in Thunder Bay you can get unlimited nationwide Calling/Texts (including picture and all that jazz), unlimited international texts, Voicemail, Caller ID, Conference calling, 10 hours of Bell mobile TV and 6gb of data for $50/month. Bell used to let you sign up from southern ontario as long as you had an address in TBay you could sign up with but I'm not sure if you can do that anymore. Anyways I have 4 cellphones under my name lol I have my mom, dad's and sisters.
Old February 8, 2014, 11:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
If you know someone in Thunder Bay you can get unlimited nationwide Calling/Texts (including picture and all that jazz), unlimited international texts, Voicemail, Caller ID, Conference calling, 10 hours of Bell mobile TV and 6gb of data for $50/month. Bell used to let you sign up from southern ontario as long as you had an address in TBay you could sign up with but I'm not sure if you can do that anymore. Anyways I have 4 cellphones under my name lol I have my mom, dad's and sisters.
Is this because of the pressure with an american service provider so close? I would expect the same is true in Windsor/Niagara falls too then, no?
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old February 8, 2014, 05:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Is this because of the pressure with an american service provider so close? I would expect the same is true in Windsor/Niagara falls too then, no?
In thunder bay we have an alternative provider called Tbay Tel and that is what they charge so if bell wants any business in the city they pretty much need to match it.

Just goes to show what they could offer you but dont because they want to gauge you. There is definitely some price fixing going on.
Old February 12, 2014, 01:50 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

My coworker just got his first smartphone, which is an iPhone 4S sadly though he didn't think through in the plans part.. He's with Bell and for 75$ he gets unlimited calls, txt, photos and videos and 500 MB of Data.... 500 MB for 75$....... I get 3 GB for 60$ haha
Old February 14, 2014, 09:09 AM
MVP

I'm on koodo, unlim talk,text, 2gb data for 54 (10% for bringing in my own phone)
Old February 14, 2014, 04:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinraCorp View Post
My coworker just got his first smartphone, which is an iPhone 4S sadly though he didn't think through in the plans part.. He's with Bell and for 75$ he gets unlimited calls, txt, photos and videos and 500 MB of Data.... 500 MB for 75$....... I get 3 GB for 60$ haha
Ever since the "consumer friendly BS" by the Harper government hit carriers, they all just jacked up their prices. Yes, they charge a lot more for data now than they used to.
Old February 15, 2014, 07:47 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Yes loyalty teams are fun. I deal with bell yearly for my folks' tv/phone/internet. I have maintained the same bill for them for last 10 years.

Its simple for bell and rogers, call into billing and after verifying your stuff, simply say I would like to cancel my services and you get to talk to the loyalty agents.

Usually they are smart, and they probably read all the notes from your previous calls, so what. Yes do your research, just mention one of the competitive offerings and they will beat it or give you some more stuff, like the op said, choose what you need.

The reason I call them yearly as they make these prices good for a year only. Fuckers!
Old February 16, 2014, 05:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Koodo has not only improved their amount of data for what you pay they have not gone up. Add to that they now offer unlimited US for $10, noone can beat them anymore.
Old August 6, 2014, 10:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Boy is it ever hard to negotiate cell phone plans these days (at least with my company)!

This is what they gave me for $50 (and then gave me a $2.50 credit/mo):

- 400MB Wireless Internet - 400 Canada-wide Weekday Minutes - Unlimited 5pm Canada-wide Eve/Wknd Min (5pm - 7am) - Unlimited Sent & Received Messages Text, Picture & Video (Device Dependent) - Call Display & Voicemail - 2500 Call Forwarding Mins - Conference Calling - Call Waiting
- Additional data: $10/1GB

I had 3 conversations this year with "loyalty" and it was not until I went to actually cancel my service so I could swap to a different company that I was finally offered anything other that what was on their website.