Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 20, 2013, 11:21 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

For 50$ really? These days with bell 50$ only gets you like 1 GB of data, unlimited weekends and night, top 10 numbers that's about it.
Old December 21, 2013, 01:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I was thinking of maybe trying to start a change.org petition to get the CRTC to look into price fixing and anti-competitive acts against the big 3 as they were already letting people get a new phone every 2 years and when they suddenly were "forced" to do 2 years, they upped their prices... All of them... yeah cuz that doesn't seem suspicious that they couldn't make money off the same $$ plans when you were already getting a new phone every 2 years.

Edit: made one, tell me what you think

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitio...ellphone-rates

Last edited by draemn; December 21, 2013 at 02:19 AM.
Old December 21, 2013, 09:09 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Ok I checked your petition and they're a few things:

1. Why use a calculator as an image?
2. You have spelling errors: 3rd year of a contract if the customer choses to switch carriers wheny they are eligible to upgrade their phone at no fee. Yet all of the rates have significantly increase for plans this year due to the "shorter terms."
3. Grammar errors: the major companies have rubbed their nose
4. You need to give out more details about the unfair practices the companies are doing, show evidence that they are indeed price fixing (they are but it's hard to prove it.)

Other than that looks good.
Old December 21, 2013, 10:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Oh, I would say thanks for the help although I will pick a bone that I do not need to show the evidence of price fixing. The point is to have the CRTC look into the issue with a proper investigation. I would love to be able to have a few more facts and "quotes" from industry that directly show them saying they are raising prices due to "shorter terms." Will get around to the grammar and spelling, just tired last night and spell check isn't working for some reason in their text box.