Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 4, 2013, 03:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Interesting. What are your metrics/criteria that make the Nexus 5 better than the S4? Processor? Stock rom?
Price. The end.
Old November 4, 2013, 04:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The thing to get excited about with the N5 is that it is comparable to high end phone for the first time but at a significantly lower price.

Are the battery life and camera the best around? hell no But you get an android device with no bloatware and a top end cpu with a sweet screen in a package thats barely bigger than the N4

I'm in no way a fan-boi but N5@$399 vs S4 at $650? No contest.. So can you please stop having an asinine argument about stuff your not interested in..

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old November 4, 2013, 04:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
The thing to get excited about with the N5 is that it is comparable to high end phone for the first time but at a significantly lower price.

Are the battery life and camera the best around? hell no But you get an android device with no bloatware and a top end cpu with a sweet screen in a package thats barely bigger than the N4

I'm in no way a fan-boi but N5@$399 vs S4 at $650? No contest.. So can you please stop having an asinine argument about stuff your not interested in..
The argument persists because everyone thinks the N5 is that great when in comparision its not as the S4 is a superior phone with features that some people WANT which the N5 does not.
Old November 4, 2013, 04:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well from the link YOU gave the N5 has "one of the best mobile displays money can buy", a 2.3ghz cpu vs 1.9, a gpu thats (according to qualcom) twice as powerful, LTE and a big one IMO is wireless charging.

The samsung has a better camera and has expandable storage through microsd.. and costs nearly twice as much.

For me the pros of the N5 outweigh the ones of the samsung.. 32gb is plenty for me as is the samsungs processing power.. really the screens are so close it's no contest so really it comes down to if you want wireless charging +LTE or a better camera (not that the n5 is bad, saw one recently.. I have my Nikon for proper pics the phone is just for on the spot point and click which they both do more than enough for me).

Ohh and half the price...

Ohh and a huge one I forgot to mention... no carrier checks / delays on software.. Thats a very big one for allot of people.

Last edited by Dzzope; November 4, 2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old November 4, 2013, 04:54 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_HT View Post
Price. The end.
Off-contract value, absolutely!
Fold for team #54196
Old November 4, 2013, 04:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

...It's also half the cost? >.>

I don't think anyone that I know of is hyping it over it's superiority spec wise (which as pointed out, it really isn't that much superior) but for the fact that it's HALF the cost of a similar high end smartphone.
Old November 4, 2013, 04:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
...It's also half the cost? >.>

I don't think anyone that I know of is hyping it over it's superiority spec wise (which as pointed out, it really isn't that much superior) but for the fact that it's HALF the cost of a similar high end smartphone.
If you wish to buy it outright perhaps.

Its already been rumored that companies like Rogers and Telus will be offering it for $100 on a 2 year contract.

So for someone who is on a contract already and has a 2 year old phone.. which makes more sense? The contract or spending $400?
Old November 4, 2013, 05:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

Let retards be retards then. It's a pentaband phone you can buy for cheap and take with you near anywhere you go. Obviously this phone is meant for people buying it flat out.
Old November 4, 2013, 05:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Value of contracts is whole different argument.. take the phones on their merits and costs and leave carriers out of it.

Someone like me who travels alot and has 3 sims for 4 countries this would be perfect.. Though really I'm struggling to justify the spend as there isn't anything my S2 doesn't do for me. I'm not a huge app guy.. basically music, some browsing/mail/comms and maybe translate/maps and I'm happy.. New toys are always nice but for me personally the last 2 gens have been un-needed.. just getting the bug..

But then if you do use it allot with various apps then I can definitely see the draw and if I was to buy a new phone tomorrow the N5 would be top of my list.

Old November 4, 2013, 05:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No bloatware, high level specs, unlocked, and cheap price is what makes the Nexus 4 and 5 a awesome phone.