Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 26, 2013, 05:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa seba View Post
^I can 2nd that.
Coming from a Galaxy nexus, the Nexus 5 is faster, feels better in the hand, looks beautiful, battery is better. There is so much to like about this phone.
LOL really? Your surprised?

Hey.. I have been driving this old civic for 20 years and just bought a new mustang and its so much better...

Old November 26, 2013, 05:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The Galaxy Nexus is a slouch these days and even opening an app is 2-5x faster on the nexus 5. Also google dropped support for the galaxy nexus so no native binaries for it anymore.
Old November 27, 2013, 07:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

All phones have their followers and we all like our particular brands. I am a very big fan of HTC, Sense works great for me and I have become very accustomed to it. I gave my wife my brand new S2X because I simply deplore the way Samsung phones work. To me, very un-intuitive. Never had a Nexus of any kind, will have to one day just to try it. For now, I wouldn't touch a N5 with a 10' pole, but you can't deny it has great specs for the price.

I'm still shocked you can get them online at the store, but the lack of a 64gb device will keep me away. If you can't have a SD slot, then you gotta have 32gb minimum. Storage fills up fast when you use them for alot of things, I use my phone for so many purposes. I just wish they would all have a SD slot, I scratch my head as to why it is often omitted, other than their attempts to control the device for us.
Old November 27, 2013, 08:12 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Been using my N5 for a couple weeks now. Before the N5, I was using an iPhone 4/4s since 2010. My major gripe with the iPhone was the screen size and iOS. I found my eyes losing focus more and more frequently when using the iPhone, and I felt that iOS was just not keeping up with the times (as it has not really changed much since 2010 even with iOS 7).

I have been happy with my N5, but I do have some minor gripes with it.
-Call quality and speaker quality are mediocre.
-It feels cheap and rightfully so, but at the same time it does not feel durable...I have dropped my N5 twice already and both times half of the back cover popped loose, on the otherhand, I have dropped my iPhone 4 and 4s many times and I feel like they would withstand my clumsiness.
-I love Android, but some of the Apps are just not as refined as their iOS versions...
-Camera is horrendous

I will probably stick with Android, but may be ditching the N5 sooner than I would have thought.
Old November 27, 2013, 10:55 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefto View Post
-It feels cheap and rightfully so, but at the same time it does not feel durable...I have dropped my N5 twice already and both times half of the back cover popped loose, on the otherhand, I have dropped my iPhone 4 and 4s many times and I feel like they would withstand my clumsiness.
The back cover is supposed to pop off. It's designed to come apart rather than break apart. It's how devices are supposed to be designed.

The rigidity of devices like the N4 and iphone 4 result in poor shock tolerance. They are of a poor design that's about look and feel instead of practicality.