Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 8, 2013, 03:22 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

The battery in my GS3 has always been kind of disappointing. If the HTC One had expandable storage, I'd ditch my GS3 in a heartbeat. The GS4 looks like an improvement, but I'm not convinced to pick up another Samsung. If there's not a better Nexus when I get my next phone I'll have to really consider my options as I much prefer the stock Android experience to the various manufacturer builds.
Old August 8, 2013, 04:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Battery life on my S3 is amazing compared to my older phones, but that's mostly due to the ROM I'm on.

I think the S4 is a great phone but I have no need to spend the money on it. It would of course be better if they at least upped the plastic quality, or more preferably change that chromed part to aluminum or something similar. I've dropped my S3 a couple times and cracked twice along that edge.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old August 8, 2013, 04:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Original battery in my SGS1 is still going strong, perhaps 5% degraded since it was bought/used back in August of '10
Both batteries in my original SG and SG2 are still going strong /knocks on wood.
Old August 9, 2013, 04:18 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I don't even keep my phones for a year, 2 years? Not gonna happen, so ya degraded battery life isn't going to be a problem for me. I still sat the HTC One is the superior phone and the best device on the market right now.
Old August 9, 2013, 09:51 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
Battery life on my S3 is amazing compared to my older phones, but that's mostly due to the ROM I'm on.
Which Rom are you using? I used cyanogen on a Galaxy S Captivate I had for a bit, but haven't run anything on the S3 yet. I keep meaning to finally get off my but and take care of that, but have always ended up working on other things.