Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 8, 2013, 07:14 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

This is a solid device, but I feel the HTC One is the better product overall. I've used the S4 (my current device is the One) and even though it is clocked higher than the HTC One, the touchwiz launcher made the device laggy in comparison to the One, plus I find the screen on the One better, not overly saturated with the colours.
Hopefully you'll do a review of that phone as well and can compare the two.
Old August 8, 2013, 07:37 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

The plastic construction is something you learn to appreciate after dropping it a few times and having the handset no worse for the wear.

Samsung parts are dirt cheap via eBay, so if you ever become unhappy with scuffs and scratches, replace the entire housing!

HTC one lacks removable battery, huge minus in my books.

Old August 8, 2013, 07:48 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhippWhapp View Post
The plastic construction is something you learn to appreciate after dropping it a few times and having the handset no worse for the wear.

Samsung parts are dirt cheap via eBay, so if you ever become unhappy with scuffs and scratches, replace the entire housing!

HTC one lacks removable battery, huge minus in my books.
Removable battery AND storage are both missing.
Old August 8, 2013, 08:38 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Removable batter is huge. I bought a second for $20 and carry it with me when I travel if case I dont have time to charge. It also allows you to replace it if it starts to suck. No removable battery is a deal breaker for me.

iphone 5 in comparo list please
Old August 8, 2013, 09:08 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

i know that the s4 you can get from the carriers are locked on all levels and the unlock s4 that amazon are selling don't have warranty witch is really not worth it especially if you get a doa one . sucks that the s4 is that hard to root -_-
Old August 8, 2013, 09:48 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I don't really know anyone that carrier a removable battery, so the market for that is pretty darn small.
The lack of an SD slot does hurt a bit, but the HTC One is 32GB, which IMHO is sufficient for the majority of folks out there, myself included.
Old August 8, 2013, 10:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I actually have two portable rechargeable mobile device batteries (plug into the computer/wall to charge) that I carry around with me, they were 5$ each on clearance a year ago and they do a great job at keeping me topped up without the need to battery swap
Old August 8, 2013, 11:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
I don't really know anyone that carrier a removable battery, so the market for that is pretty darn small.
The lack of an SD slot does hurt a bit, but the HTC One is 32GB, which IMHO is sufficient for the majority of folks out there, myself included.
Your battery goes to shit and you have 1 option.. Return phone to carrier and have the phone replaced. Or if you had a removable battery and the original goes to shit.. oh wait you can replace it.

Don't fool yourself because in 2 years my battery doesn't hold a charge like it did from day one.
Old August 8, 2013, 12:15 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Exactly. Ive had my phone a year and a half and the original battery sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Your battery goes to shit and you have 1 option.. Return phone to carrier and have the phone replaced. Or if you had a removable battery and the original goes to shit.. oh wait you can replace it.

Don't fool yourself because in 2 years my battery doesn't hold a charge like it did from day one.
Old August 8, 2013, 12:50 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
Exactly. Ive had my phone a year and a half and the original battery sucks.
Original battery in my SGS1 is still going strong, perhaps 5% degraded since it was bought/used back in August of '10