Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 29, 2013, 09:51 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
So I would what, buy the phone and then set up a month to month contract with Bell?

Would I cancel my 'contract' and go for the 'new member' month to month and get the bring your phone deal? Though I need to stay on my parents account if I want to well get the employee discount on the plans so I would potentially have to go home to 'set up' my account again.

Does it mean they are discounting the phone for a month or two later on release of the N5, should I wait or go with the N4 and eventually sell the N4 if I like the N5 specs/pricing?

As the google store has 17$ shipping wonder if Koodo will price match or lower their pricing shortly as to not be beat out by google?
From what I've seen, the monthly plans are only a "contract" basis when you have a new phone added in. If you byod or keep your existing phone when your contract expires (not your case, but still applies in general) then the monthly plan is treated the same way as pay-per-use, i.e. no cancellation or other fees should you decide to leave.

FWIW, that was for Telus, although the other 2 carriers should be similar.
Old August 29, 2013, 10:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Well I'd be cancelling my existing plan if I go the boyd route.

Some people have been successful at FutureShop or BestBuy to Price Match with Google's pricing, save some money on shipping and get a bit more off then phone too. May check that out tonight or tomorrow night.

Last edited by Arinoth; August 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM.