Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 12, 2013, 11:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would confirm before hand, all these smaller providers are dropping like stones.
Old August 12, 2013, 04:45 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
According to RFD they use Rogers/Fidos networks
Are they limited to only 2G access or do they get full LTE access? I know in Wind/Moblicity's case, they only get access to 2G on Rogers.

I'd be skeptical about people re-selling Rogers/Bell cell service though. As the parent companies already have their own sub-brands, wholesaling out to other 3rd parties likely warrants even worse support and lower priority on the networks.
Old August 13, 2013, 06:23 AM
F@H

My System Specs

According to their website it's 4G/LTE, according to anyways.
Old August 13, 2013, 06:44 AM
Top Prospect

This country is a joke.
Old August 15, 2013, 07:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Rogers, Bell and Telus have a deal right now that if you bring in your own smart phone you get $20 off a month, now is probably the best time to do so.
Old August 16, 2013, 06:33 AM
F@H

My System Specs

That's only for people who BOYD, whereas I'd like to you know shed the SGS1 and move into a new device.

Last edited by Arinoth; August 16, 2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old August 25, 2013, 10:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well I am more or less now 'locked' onto a service provider, Bell, namely as I can get a discount through them that I cannot get anywhere else (retired employee discount through my father). So not having to worry about the actual cost of the plan (as I can get a more expensive one cheaper) should I hold out a few months for the Nexus 5 to be announced and dropped (my current plan expires early next month) or should I pick up the N4 on a new contract, enjoy the savings for a few months and then potentially upgrade (aka buy the N5 and sell the N4 as both will be unlocked phones) if I enjoy the improvements the N5 offers.

Or should I spend the extra capital for a S4, which I'd like to well not be spending a lot of money on a phone itself.

Either way I should be saving at least 15$/month on any plan I choose (discount is a ratio off) so over 2 years I'll be saving at least 360$ + 46.80$ in taxes. Can I use those savings to justify buying a S4 out right or should I just enjoy the savings for someone whose on a tight budget for at least the next year.
Old August 26, 2013, 11:33 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

If you're buying now, the HTC One is your best choice, but I would personally wait, a couple of nice devices coming out such as the LG G2, and the rumoured Nexus 5.
Old August 26, 2013, 06:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I personally did not like the feel of the S3, so I can't imagine the S4 is any better.

HTC One is probably the best feeling phone Bell offers. The Xperia Z isn't bad either (and water proof).
Old August 26, 2013, 08:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I don't mind the feel of the S3, I occasionally use my fiancee's who has the S3. Still unsure if I want to spend a lot of money on a phone, especially if I want a Lite plan (making the S4, HTC one, etc 200$ more expensive)