Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 19, 2013, 06:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default New Laptop suggestions

In the market to replace my ASUS UL80VT which I loved to death, and am sad it met an untimely accident.

I'd like the following features as make-or-break:
a high quality display
2x 2.5" slots (But I dont care whats in them, DVD, or HDDs since I'll be putting in a spare SSD and drive caddy if need be)
backlit keyboard
Good to Great battery life.
Intel (unless someone can convince me why AMD is even a consideration)

Gaming capability is NOT make or break, but if its got nVidia/Intel switchable (Do they even still do Optimus?) then thats a plus.

I was really partial to the UL80VT I had, as it had all of these features, and was 'ultrabook' quality on battery life and size/weight, AND had a DVD bay! I'd really like to reproduce those qualities in a new laptop, but it doesnt seem that I can find a similar device on the market today

Any suggestions?
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old June 19, 2013, 06:28 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

What kind of budget are you looking at? That'll really determine what you're looking at. Any particular size you're looking at?